Posted On:
    1/29/2007 11:19pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Emerson Knives ( Pix + Review )

Emerson Karambit - Folder

Solid Folder. Its the first Folder I ever had that actually feels as strong as a Fixed Blade. The Grip is Egonomic to the point of prefection and when in a reverse grip (as it seem emerson designed it for) the Pointer finger slides into a hole located at the bottom of the handle. I assume that to prevent "losing" your knife. I will say that is feels right. For a standard grip the pinky doesn't fit in so nicely however, there is a grove on the back of the knife that give a thumb a place to grip.

Knife comes razor sharp (passes the shave your arm test very well).

For The Folding Option the knife locks out very well, to the point it feels like a fixed blade. The only critique would be in its closed state is opens very easy, a little too easily (Edit: This is the wave feature). Good for the "quick draw" , but it will take some getting used to.

I plan to do some "meat" cutting soon with this I'll video it.

Emerson LaGriffe

This is backup knife Emerson designed for French military. Its a very tiny neck knife, only a few inches long, which make is prefect for fitting in a shirt (around your neck).

Again its very sharp and contains the same "pointer finger" hole, but this time it located at the top of the handle. This imples it meant for a more standard hold. Actually when being hold, it actually feels more like a claw then a knife. A+ on CCW.
    Last edited by Plasma; 2/07/2007 4:52pm at .

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 8:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got 'em both in addition to the mini commander. The LaGriffe is a sharp mother fucker and goes with me everywhere. It's interesting that your karambit opens easily as mine doesn't. #%^^$#
    My Mini Comm does and I love it but my Karambit is stiff as nails. Almost to the point of me wanting to get rid of the damn thing when the wave doesn't function right.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 8:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Elvis
    Got 'em both in addition to the mini commander. The LaGriffe is a sharp mother fucker and goes with me everywhere. It's interesting that your karambit opens easily as mine doesn't. #%^^$#
    My Mini Comm does and I love it but my Karambit is stiff as nails. Almost to the point of me wanting to get rid of the damn thing when the wave doesn't function right.
    Have you contacted them about it ? I seem to remember them being helpfull online and via phone ( word of mouth ) .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 9:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Maybe the main screw under the blade too tight? maybe loosen it a bit?

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 9:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    Maybe the main screw under the blade too tight? maybe loosen it a bit?
    First thing I did but no help. I can back it almost all the way out.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 12:49am

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have the same folder, its pretty stiff. The wave tech works fine for the most part.

Only thing is, it sticks out a bit too much for my liking. The hole at the bottom, while it serves good purpose for grip, and also for easy deployment from the pocket, i think its a bit too visible. For that reason, I keep mine safe at home and elect to carrry my Kershaw Boa as my everyday 'tool' instead....love the boa

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 11:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First thing I did but no help. I can back it almost all the way out.
    Unrelated, but interesting to note. I have a handmade philippine balisong. It was stiff as all hell when I first got it and it was difficult to do all the flashy **** with it. I mentioned this to some people and they all told me to bang it on something really hard. This puzzled the hell out of me for a while as i didn't want to wreck my sweet new balisong, but one day after playing with it and getting frustrated with it's stiffness, I tried it. When closed, i held it in my fist and bashed the hinge on a rock in my uncles backyard. The mechanism was instantly looser, and i haven't noticed any ill effects.

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 11:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HANKtheTANK
    I have the same folder, its pretty stiff. The wave tech works fine for the most part.

Only thing is, it sticks out a bit too much for my liking. The hole at the bottom, while it serves good purpose for grip, and also for easy deployment from the pocket, i think its a bit too visible. For that reason, I keep mine safe at home and elect to carrry my Kershaw Boa as my everyday 'tool' instead....love the boa

I been carring teh LaGriffe for my everyday tool.

How is the "wave" tech suppose to work. This is my first knife with that specific tech.

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 3:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjew
    I been carring teh LaGriffe for my everyday tool.

How is the "wave" tech suppose to work. This is my first knife with that specific tech.
    that little nub that sticks out at the back end of the blade...that catches your pocket as u pull it out, and opens it for you.

when u pull it out at a decent speed, it deploys and locks in quite easily

At first it takes a bit of getting used to. Sometimes i wanna take it outta my pocket without opening it, and forgot about how it opens, and it'll be half open before i know it and either its exposed in whatever public area i'm in or i'd grab it in a dangerous way forgetttin about it being half opened....but that was when i first got it.....I'm damn aware of how it works now...haha

I love it, its the first thing i ask for when i go to the knife shop now, if they have any new emerson's with the wave tech, or if they've restocked some other models

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 3:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the la griffe, the neck knife?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast