Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 1:53am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It didn't happen during training, so it wasn't a sudden occurrence during sparring, but I think it's a combination of an already tense lower body (I've had an abdominal muscle tear for weeks already), my style of ultra tight closed guard, and lower body exercises.

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 5:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to hear that, i hope you recover soon.
    Nice article btw.

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 6:34am

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hope you get better soon.

I totally agree with the whole training partner thing. One of the downsides to training where I train now, is that we don't spend as much time on each technique as we probably should (the reason being that we have a new instructor every night). I've been trying to remedy this by finding training partners who are interested in drilling, but I've had zero luck. Everyone just wants to roll.
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 8:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hoping for your quick recovery.

Thanks for sharing your informative and useful article.
    Last edited by X_plosion; 1/30/2007 8:49am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 10:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heal up soon, good luck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 11:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    It didn't happen during training, so it wasn't a sudden occurrence during sparring, but I think it's a combination of an already tense lower body (I've had an abdominal muscle tear for weeks already), my style of ultra tight closed guard, and lower body exercises.
    I'm glad to hear it's not related to that neck injury you suffered a few weeks ago. Say what you will about hernias, they are relatively easy to correct surgically and there are no continuing effects. Unlike disk injuries.

BTW I wouldn't completely discount the effects of people sitting on us. My favorite self-created line - "I thought I was going to spew my guts out my anus" isn't far from the truth, and a hernia is the actual (potential) natural result of lot of pressure on our stomach/abdomen.

Oh well. Maybe an enforced period of absence from the mat will let you digest the awesome number of moves you've acquired in your rapid ascent from newbie to purple. Make the best of it.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 5:05pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just got back from the doctor. He thankfully found no hernia, but there is inflammation so he suspects a pulled or torn groin muscle. He told me to take another week off and prescribed an anti-inflammatory. This is good news since it means I don't need surgery and the months of recovery.

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 5:21pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's good. Gives you time to write more.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 7:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    Just got back from the doctor. He thankfully found no hernia, but there is inflammation so he suspects a pulled or torn groin muscle. He told me to take another week off and prescribed an anti-inflammatory. This is good news since it means I don't need surgery and the months of recovery.
    Is that one week of ordinary person time (I'll be back on the court in a couple of weeks) or one week of bjj time ("nothing serious? great. I can go back tomorrow. I'll just roll light....").

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 11:40pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps I was too subtle. The donation link shows up in almost everything I post of Aesopian's because so far, Bullshido is making a pretty poor showing behind all the other major grappling forums. I'm not saying you guys have to pay him, but maybe there's a reason he's not posting here much anymore?

If you like what he's done for you, think about sending him some money. When I found out he hurt his neck, I donated. We compare notes about BJJ pretty much daily. I help him test and proofread his website. He's never asked me for money. I still donated. Why? Because I honestly believe he is leading a revolutionary (and evolutionary) charge in the BJJ world. I believe in what he's doing. You'd pick up the tab if your friend was short on cash, right? So why is it okay to pay for someone's beers and not help someone who has helped you pay their medical bills?
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast