Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 8:08am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very nice editing of my post, are you a politician/sleazy journalist?

I wish Ar5e was here, if he is obviously good at google, then he could help lay this argument to rest.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 8:44am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Commodore Pipes
    Also, go BEARS!!
    You're Goddamn RIGHT go Bears!

See? This fucker fucking gets it. Why can't you all try to be more like him?

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 8:50am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, yeah, the topic.

Look, I don't care what you prove or don't prove. I think at this point it's possible that the sword isn't what you think it is, and I do think it's weird how you seem to be learning more about the sword rapidly as we go along. But that doesn't make you a liar.

Over here we have a TV show called "Antiques Road Show" where expert appraisers examine antiques for people who bring them in. They go all over the country. Sometimes they tell you that the Civil War saber you cut watermelons with as a kid is worth a fortune (that one really happened) but much more often people are convinced they have a priceless heirloom and it turns out to be 25 years old.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 12:58pm

Style: Ju-Jitsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by New
    Very nice editing of my post, are you a politician/sleazy journalist?

I wish Ar5e was here, if he is obviously good at google, then he could help lay this argument to rest.
    Man, why do you have to attack everyone who has something to say about you?
    I know that looking like a dumbass who didn't know **** about his 550 years old heirloom may have bothered you a bit, but venting it all on others is bad karma, you know.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 2:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjew
    (I think a bastard sword is a broken broadsword that is sharpened)?
    A bastard sword is a type of hand and a half sword.

I thought there were ARMA peeps here, why is no one berating the ninja for not knowing his swords? :P

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 5:58pm

Style: krav maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you posted an article on goofy obscure Swiss political practices, from a part of Switzerland which you take umbrage with over religious differences, with no picture of the Sword about which you are all in a tizzy.

That tangental article never shows a sword or says that there's a particular type of sword, just that these atavists wear grey suits and bring swords, the flats of which are use to beat their women from the voting place and back into the kitchens, apparently.

Google has no images of "Swiss Voting Sword"s,
    And google has no web sites that mention them,
    Wikipedia, nothing.

So in Switzerland there is apparently a particular kind of voting that involves swords, but NO PARTICULAR KIND OF SWORD. You are an ass; you have clarified nothing. You really don't rate help from the people here who have tried to help you, and now in fear and ignorance you've started attacking them. Moron.
    Last edited by Rigel; 2/03/2007 6:09pm at .

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 6:02pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    A bastard sword is a type of hand and a half sword.

I thought there were ARMA peeps here, why is no one berating the ninja for not knowing his swords? :P

I thought about it but decided I didnt feel like caring.

The real problem is he used the term "broadsword" and thought that a "bastard sword" was a broken one.

A bastard sword is basically a single handed size sword blade made with enough room on the hilt for two hands placed close together.

What he's likely thinking of as a "broadsword" is in fact called "the longsword". Which is a true two handed weapon.

The term "broadsword" came about much later and is actually used to refer to later swords with complex hilts, contrasting them to the "smallswords" (small descendents of the rapier) that were their historical peer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 11:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bricco
    Man, why do you have to attack everyone who has something to say about you?
    I know that looking like a dumbass who didn't know **** about his 550 years old heirloom may have bothered you a bit, but venting it all on others is bad karma, you know.
    I haven't attacked everyone who has had something to say about me. The only comments I have taken umbrage at and attacked so far have been:

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Rooster
    How anyone in their right mind would give such a valuable heirloom sword in safekeeping to such a careless person is beyond me. (no I'm not talking about the grandparents)
    and

Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    - how did your sword survive hundreds of years in your family if it got (almost) destroyed by some time in your grandparents garage?

- you're going to give any sword to a 7 year old kid?

- you're going to let a kid run around with a heavy and very sharp sword cuttin' out trees?

- you'd let two kids fight with two real swords?
    Aswell as Dirty Rooster's very selective editing (post #60) to my previous post.
    Those posts I took umbrage too, mainly on account of their tone than their content, and if I took the tone out of context, I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigel
    from a part of Switzerland which you take umbrage with over religious differences
    I'm sorry if humour doesn't always come across too well in posts, I'll try to avoid it in future.
    My point about the sword being a voting sword is it is one that my family has owned since we earned the right to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    Over here we have a TV show called "Antiques Road Show" where expert appraisers examine antiques for people who bring them in.
    Yeh, we have that program too. I had thought of taking to an antiques dealer to get them to give it an age, but at the same time it wouldn't prove anything on the internet, I could just as easily fake any proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    Sometimes they tell you that the Civil War saber you cut watermelons with as a kid is worth a fortune (that one really happened) but much more often people are convinced they have a priceless heirloom and it turns out to be 25 years old.
    I can't say you're wrong, it could be that I'm wrong, but all the evidence I have ever seen says no. My family has owned the same farm in Appenzell since the 14th century (and that one is verifiable - PM me if you'd like details, I'd rather not go posting too much personal info on the internet for anyone and everyone to see) and there are paintings there going back as long. And in most of those different people can be seen wearing my sword. Or if it's not my one then it's one that is exactly the same in looks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2007 9:43am

Style: Basic Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a politician, yes.
    We delight in offering to answer questions ... about swords.
    oh wait, that's wrong.

I must be a journalist. With special interest in swords.

In any case I am most definitely sleazy.

What no pictures yet? Why not? Show me yours and I'll show you mine.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567