Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 10:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a tad aggressive for my tastes, but you certainly kept a professional tone. If he didn't look like he had something to hide, he does now.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 11:39pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bust that fucker. With a cap. In his head. But yeah, just tell him you're a potential student or something, they'd love that. Or just see straight through your Bully Ass and cut off connection until you show up to their McDojo and start snapping necks and ****.

But yeah, if he's not listed in BJA (I love that function) that means he's a Gokyu with an attitude and ego. Period. How is the BJA anyways? I've done USJF and USJA (the politics here is NUTS) and they're okay if a little quirky at times.

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 3:48am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarCheese
    Bust that fucker. With a cap. In his head. But yeah, just tell him you're a potential student or something, they'd love that. Or just see straight through your Bully Ass and cut off connection until you show up to their McDojo and start snapping necks and ****.

But yeah, if he's not listed in BJA (I love that function) that means he's a Gokyu with an attitude and ego. Period. How is the BJA anyways? I've done USJF and USJA (the politics here is NUTS) and they're okay if a little quirky at times.

I also neglected to mention earlier in the thread that around the time he claimed to have "stopped teaching judo" I have it on good authority that he was wearing a green belt.

Hence my suprise at his sudden and big promotion to 5th Dan. I'd be really interested to see if any of the large Judo bodies over here would award a 5th Dan to a green belt from a BJA club.

Anyway the BJA is quite good, not the biggest in numbers by membership, but certainly the best quality and the guys that put forward national squads and olympic teams.

A 5th Dan in the BJA would have had to fight for all those gradings, and couldn't have had it easy.

This is probably why Mike here decided not to, which is weird because he himself claims to have taught at a BJA club, but not graded with the BJA? Perplexing.

Basically the BJA won't hand out a 5th Dan, you have to gain all the point via competetion or at line ups at gradings, either way requires fighting people of at least equal ability.

After 5th Dan the gradings are honorary, i.e a 6th Dan might be given to a 5th Dan with 35 years in scene and lots of dedication, or a 5th Dan who has coached a World/Olympic gold medallist etc etc

Yes I agree in Hindsight the emails on my behalf were a tad aggressive, I just didn't want to flatter the guy, at all.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 6:15am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe he meant 5th KYU. Easy mistake to make. I get 9th kyu mixed up with 9th dan all the time, mostly when I'm talking to girls for some reason.

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 9:06am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've had the same problem...when "Total beginner" comes out "Great-Grandmaster..."
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 9:28am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the problem with "Shihan" Mike Johnson is down to him mixing up "5th Dan" and "5th Kyu" I wll buy both of you a steak dinner and press-up pudding.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 9:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like he's mixing up reality with something different...

Hey, Sauce-boy... you planning on any follow up emails?
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 9:59am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is press-up pudding slang for a prostitute, or is that something you folks across the pond actually eat? Oh, wait...I suppose the answer to both parts of that question could be 'yes'

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 10:01am

Style: Exploring teh d34dly Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hmmm

apparently he got the Shinan from the kJJBA GB. could only find this link:

http://uk.geocities.com/angela_bowle...po/contact.htm

seems to be an old site (refers to a 2002 seminar) Has he updated the site since yesterday? :qright1:

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 10:02am

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have they got their own forum? Might be worth bringing this to the attention of his students.
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast