Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 3:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTart
    **** Me. You must be REALLY bored to have found that! What on earth did you Google??!

However, yes... I confess that aside from training in Lau Gar, one of my other hobbies is LRP (or LARP as horrible americans insist on calling it). So yes, I get drunk in a field with my mates and occasionally twat them with rubber swords. Trust me - we are under no delusions that it is a)cool b)realistic or c) socially acceptable!!

I think I'm in the middle (to the left of the guy with the shield). You could have at least used a cool pic of me...

PS as for the email, I'll check - he hasn't replied though so It's all a bit moot. I think I pretty much re-iteracted the points here in a less confrontational manner.
    I couldn't resist, welcome to Bullshido!

He hasn't replied to my email either, I guess he is waiting for some proof of his Zen Judo grade until he addresses my other points.

Feel free to post a copy of your "less confrontational" email, all comms with the "Shihan" should be on here.

If he continues to ignore us, we will have to contact some of his associates in the MA world and introduce them to this thread, from what I hear we are not the only ones who suspect his claims.

Now STFU everyone and stop derailing my thread!

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 10:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a little reminder email to Mike Johnson.

Mike,

Have you had any luck in verifying your claimed credentials as of yet? Myself and the other users at Bullshido.net are still very interested, simply ignoring us will not make our investigation into your (as yet unproven) claims "go away".

Regards,

R.S
    We are also in the process of contacting other soon-to-be interested parties as Mike has prooved evasive to say the least.

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 7:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As in the "retreat to the bunker and hope it all goes away" use of 'evasive'
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 8:52pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I doubt the moment he saw the thread he bothered to read it and just hole up in his little cave like Bin-Laden and is hoping we'll get bored and loose steam. LET'S GET 'IM! Why not just copy-paste the whole thread to his e-mail or something. Draw him out of his shell.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 9:03pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or he could be genuinely ill, he is pretty old.

I see no need to pursue him further until the existing enquiries/allegations are cleared up.

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 9:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I doubt they are going to be cleared up without some response from him, but I don't think we need to hound the guy. He's been invited here several times, if he won't do it label him as "unwilling or unable" to provide further information.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 9:20pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he's taken down his website, then technically he's no longer making any claims to the world about anything. I see no need to keep hounding the guy, it's a very small org. Just keep an eye out and see if his site comes back up.

[derail]However your assistance would be appreciated in the current CKD-punking thread - "proven to be the most effective martial art!" [/derail]

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 4:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay then, if your all buying this guys "I'm ill, leave me alone" BS then I will leave following up anything else but his claimed Judo Grade, that we still have seen no proof of.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 8:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Red,
    I've got your PM and will action your suggestions when I get home (work sucks for sending emails, but I can post-whore on here quite happily... ).

As there seems to be some debate as to the next step, perhaps we should throw some options out there and see if anyone has any suggestions.

I'll start... he's listed on here: http://www.faogb.co.uk/seminar.aspx as being a master teacher at their annual seminar. Seems quite prestigious.
    Now, if I'd gathered masters from all over the place, I'd be interested if one was being discussed on the #1 general martial arts website. I wouldn't want to stir up that particular wasps' nest.
    Now, I know he's listed as 7th dan jujitsu, but the fact remains he has claimed a grade that, up until now, he's been unable or unwilling to substantiate.
    Perhaps an email to the FAOGB to help them avoid embarrassment would be the right thing to do?
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 8:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Completely agree with you Sochin, however due to my high vinegar content, I am unable to write subtle or indeed polite emails, so if you could continue you your excellent work I would really appreciate it.

And may I mention, there is some questions over his JJ rank, as in what order and who he got Dan's 2-6 from specifically. the 7th Dan was awarded by FAOGB who are a martial arts general body who cross-promote eachother on a regular basis...But I am sure they would like to know about this thread, or maybe if it takes off we should create a new thread just for them...

Who knows.