Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 11:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can't get PMs until you hit 50 posts, I believe, but I'd like to see the information if you start another thread and post it there.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 11:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My information comes from the government, who make the laws:

The current law says:
    • it is an offence to carry a knife in public without good reason or lawful authority, with the exception of a folding pocket-knife with a blade not exceeding three inches. Those found guilty face a penalty of up to two years imprisonment. Possession of an offensive weapon without lawful authority or reasonable excuse carries a maximum penalty of 4 years imprisonment. Certain knives, such as flick-knives, are categorised as offensive weapons
    • manufacture, sale and importation of 17 bladed, pointed and other offensive weapons have been banned, in addition to flick knives and gravity knives. This includes stealth knives, disguised knives and batons which were banned in 2002 and 2004
    • it is an offence to market a knife in a way which indicates that it is suitable for combat, or is otherwise likely to stimulate violent behaviour. The police have powers to stop and search for knives and offensive weapons, in certain circumstances.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 11:22am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn...I love you guys, but I'm glad I live here. 2nd Amendment (Right to Bear Arms) FTW!

Of course, just because the law prohibits the legal ownership of knives and firearms doesn't mean they don't exist. I can understand the 'theory' of training defenses against them, but I'd still like to hear an explanation from Mike about his reasoning.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 2:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTart
    Pulling this back on topic - I emailed Mike to ask about where his style comes from (and grades) last week, no response yet.
    Now your talking, could you (if you saved a copy) post what you sent here, just the required information we don't need email address and full headers etc.

Thankyou.

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 2:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >Slightly OT<

DaveTart, would PM you but you seem not to have reached the 50 posts required yet, so I'll have to ask here; could you enlighten me and the board as to which one of these fine fellows you are?

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 7:02pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Sauce
    >Slightly OT<

DaveTart, would PM you but you seem not to have reached the 50 posts required yet, so I'll have to ask here; could you enlighten me and the board as to which one of these fine fellows you are?

http://bladelands.co.uk/community/fo...php?pic_id=112
    That link seems to work intermittently... was this the photo you were linking to?

Are you saying Dave Tart's in that pic?
    That would explain his knowledge on knives rather than guns...
    Where he's from, guns haven't been invented yet...
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 8:38am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Lau Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** Me. You must be REALLY bored to have found that! What on earth did you Google??!

However, yes... I confess that aside from training in Lau Gar, one of my other hobbies is LRP (or LARP as horrible americans insist on calling it). So yes, I get drunk in a field with my mates and occasionally twat them with rubber swords. Trust me - we are under no delusions that it is a)cool b)realistic or c) socially acceptable!!

I think I'm in the middle (to the left of the guy with the shield). You could have at least used a cool pic of me...

PS as for the email, I'll check - he hasn't replied though so It's all a bit moot. I think I pretty much re-iteracted the points here in a less confrontational manner.

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 9:10am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate to be picky, but I don't see any knives in that pic...

Don't feel bad, Dave...I used to Amtgard.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 9:19am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    I hate to be picky, but I don't see any knives in that pic...
    Maybe the NDS took them?

Oh, come on... they're LARPers... they aren't allowed sharp scissors, let alone real knives.:icon_roll

Gandhi

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 9:26am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That guy at the right side of the picture looks a lot like a ninja, though.