Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 10:16am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Waregachi Ju Jitsu Kai - BS? (UK)

Right listen in yous lot; I saw an old poster by this group in a bar in a neighboring town, it was for a seminar, but unfortunatly it was out of date so I couldn't drop in/get off the cuff footage, this led me to google and it came up with the following anyone else heard of them?

Check out http://www.wjjk.co.uk/Home.htm

You will notice it meets the following criteria:

1) "Made-Up-Do" names (real translation anyone?)

2) Self Promotion (In news section)

3) Too Deadly to Compete

4) Hakama's

5) GRAB MY WRISTS

6) Pistol Disarms (Back and front!) see grading syllabus.

Need I say anymore, take a look for yourselves:

From the inventor of this bullshit:

GO-NO-SEN RYU

By Shihan Mike Johnson

7th Dan Ju Jitsu, 5th Dan Judo*

`GO-No-SEN RYU` is the name I have given to the Ju Jitsu which is taught within Waregachi Ju Jitsu Kai, the martial arts organization founded by me over twenty years ago.
    It has always been my belief that instructors in the martial arts are often restricted in their teaching by the traditional attitude that “only those techniques which were learned from my instructor are any good. Everything else is useless.” While it is necessary to believe in your system in order to teach it sincerely, surely it is incredibly arrogant to dismiss everything else out of hand! Yet in forty years in the Martial Arts I have found this attitude time and time again. Believe me, NO-ONE has the ultimate, never-fail-under-any-circumstances system, because it just doesn’t exist! All we can do is try to make our system as good as it can be. In this way, the martial arts for self defense will progress into the future, adapting to modern requirements while preserving the useful elements of the traditional forms.

After many years of study in the martial arts, I decided that Ju Jitsu was, for me, the discipline I wished to pursue. The style on which Go-no-Sen Ryu is based is Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu, a traditional style from Japan, with additions from Juko-ryu ju jitsu, a non-traditional, western style. Many other disciplines have made their contributions, notably; Wing Chun, Aikido, Judo, Karate and even western boxing and free-style wrestling.

The criteria for every technique taught is……”would it work in a real street situation?” Techniques which look good in the dojo or as part of a demonstration but, in reality, wouldn’t work in the street have no place in Go-no-Sen Ryu. I have often said, “I’ll steal a good technique from anyone!” and that’s true however obscure its source. To do otherwise would be failing my students and myself.

Go-no-Sen Ryu is essentially defensive. Very rarely does it preempt an attack. The basic premise is to use the attacker’s position against him. For example, a punch requires that a fist be formed and the arm extended in order to strike, or a strangle requires fingers or arms extended to encircle the neck. It is these extended positions which are manipulated in Go-no-Sen Ryu. The title Go-no-sen can be translated from the Japanese as `reacting to the attack`, which accurately describes the above principle.

The hallmark of this style is that we always move initially towards the attacker, in order to `close him down`. To step away or to one side would afford the opponent the opportunity to land a second blow. Closing with him, especially on the outside of the attack, limits his ability to do this and places the defender in an advantageous position.

There is no limit to the devices used in defense in Go-no-Sen Ryu. Punching, kicking, throwing, locking joints, nerve strikes, gouging, biting and strikes to the most vulnerable areas of the body all have their place. There are NO RULES !

This has been a very brief exposition of Go-no-Sen Ryu Ju Jitsu. I hope it has indicated the martial arts philosophy to which I have devoted most of my adult life, and which has been my privilege to pass on to thousands of students over the years.

Thank god to back this up he has videos: ! YAY

http://www.wjjk.co.uk/Techniques.htm

Please add your comments.

(EDIT: Notice in video two the "LOL GRAB MY WRISTS" and Man Boobage)

This place is also related and linked to this lot :

http://www.faogb.co.uk/home.aspx

also check out this upcoming event :- Anyone for a circle jerk?

http://www.faogb.co.uk/gotm.aspx?pid=10

*I have checked the BJA database, he is not showing as a Judo Dan grade at all - am looking into other organisations, suspect this is fictional

Also, can anyone take a snapshot of the website as it is now? Thanks.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 11:12am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He could be BJC, or even Kodokan.

A high rank in judo doesn't preclude someone teaching bullshit in other areas sadly. Many view judo as soley a sport (which it is), and don't recognize it's value as a training tool for actual combat.

Edit: although 5th is pretty fucking high actually.

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 4:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    He could be BJC, or even Kodokan.

A high rank in judo doesn't preclude someone teaching bullshit in other areas sadly. Many view judo as soley a sport (which it is), and don't recognize it's value as a training tool for actual combat.

Edit: although 5th is pretty fucking high actually.
    Well After looking, the school he claims to have teached at is BJA, one of his instructors (the female one) who was taught Judo under him at that school IS a BJA 1st Dan.

So something smells to me.

Did you see the video's? That is not something a 5th Dan would want associated with them. That is not something a orange belt should want associated with them technique wise.

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 4:40pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dunno, it doesn't look all that bad. Magic pants + aikijujitsu, but at least he includes atemi and does some decent looking hip throws/tosses.

Looks better than most of what I've personally seen from traditional aikido/ aiki-jujitsu/magic pants arts.

You could do a hell of a lot *cough* Coda Scott *cough* worse. And some folks just like the magic pants and traditional arts.

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 5:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daGorilla
    I dunno, it doesn't look all that bad. Magic pants + aikijujitsu, but at least he includes atemi and does some decent looking hip throws/tosses.

Looks better than most of what I've personally seen from traditional aikido/ aiki-jujitsu/magic pants arts.

You could do a hell of a lot *cough* Coda Scott *cough* worse. And some folks just like the magic pants and traditional arts.

Check out the site a bit more, Harmless orientophiles don't bother me, it's when wimps like this invent there own MA, claim its too deadly for any kind of competetion and include an awful lot of potentially dangerous "self-defence" stuff in there syllabus.

Check out their grading requirements : - (http://www.wjjk.co.uk/Grading.htm)

1st Kyu - Brown Belt, one red tag
    All previous grade syllabus.
    Defences against "hold-up" pistol attacks, front and rear.
    Defences against three-man attacks, two holding, one attacking.
    Defence against line up. Minimum of five attackers.
    Embu of five attacks each.

2nd Kyu - Brown Belt
    All previous grade syllabus.
    Defences against knife attacks, downward and thrusting stabs, slashing and "hold-up" attacks.
    Defences against two-man attacks, one holding, one attacking.
    Now that is some dangerous **** to be teaching people in the guise of self defense. Especially coupled w/ this attitude:

Why don't you see competitions in Ju Jitsu, like Karate and Judo?

Over the years, many attempts have been made to introduce some form of competition to Ju Jitsu, with little valid success. If you wish to have a "safe" sport, certain dangerous techniques have to be banned. Ju Jitsu is composed almost entirely of such techniques which are unsuitable for use in the highly charged atmosphere of competitive combat sport.

The famous "we're t00 t3h de4dly to compete."

Yep this one ticks all my boxes.
    Last edited by Red Sauce; 1/30/2007 5:27am at .

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 6:30am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sent "Shihan" an email asking about his 5th Dan in Judo, if he chooses not to ignore me, I will post his reply. And then invite him here.

Hi Mike,

Just been looking over your website that was pointed out to me by a friend, and noticed that although all the intructors that claim Judo dan grades appear on the BJA Dan Grade register, you don't appear to, so out of curiosity, who (person/body) awarded you your 5th Dan in Judo, if your Ex pupils were BJA, I am keen to know why you appear not to be?
    Especially as the Judo club that you used to teach in, appears to be a BJA club?

Thanks for clearing up the confusion,

R.S
    Straight to the point huh!? :icon_wink

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 9:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido/Karate -both badly

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a thought Red Sauce but why don't you visit the dojo? Web sites can be a load of crap - you might get a better idea of what they are like by visiting them and reporting back on a typical session. Sure - they may be some dodgy stuff but they may suprise you in other areas. My impression (from a neewbie) is that there may some questionable techniques but they don't strike me as being a total McDojo. I think the only way to find out is by a visit and report back to the forum

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 10:12am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidStoat
    Just a thought Red Sauce but why don't you visit the dojo? Web sites can be a load of crap - you might get a better idea of what they are like by visiting them and reporting back on a typical session. Sure - they may be some dodgy stuff but they may suprise you in other areas. My impression (from a neewbie) is that there may some questionable techniques but they don't strike me as being a total McDojo. I think the only way to find out is by a visit and report back to the forum

Thanks for the thought. At the moment it does not apply to my plans for this particular bunch of BS, but It does figure into future plans.

If the gun disarms and knife disarms didn't not strike you as being Bullshido, something is wrong with you

Im interested to know why you chose this thread to make your first post in? Do you have any association or have you ahd any contact with the above?

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 10:31am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Sauce
    Sent "Shihan" an email asking about his 5th Dan in Judo, if he chooses not to ignore me, I will post his reply. And then invite him here.

Straight to the point huh!? :icon_wink
    That's good but chances are if his rank is bullshit he'll give you a bullshit answer what I'd do is pop off an e-mail to the BJA (British Judo Association, ja?)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 10:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido/Karate -both badly

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Sauce
    Thanks for the thought. At the moment it does not apply to my plans for this particular bunch of BS, but It does figure into future plans.

If the gun disarms and knife disarms didn't not strike you as being Bullshido, something is wrong with you

Im interested to know why you chose this thread to make your first post in? Do you have any association or have you ahd any contact with the above?

Lol – no I don’t have any connection with them. I did mention that some of there techniques looked dodgy (e.g. gun disarms) however, as I stated they may not be total BS.
Page 1 of 21 1 234511 ... LastLast