Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 4:20pm

Style: Relson GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kracker
    True but GnP is even more easy and natural than standup striking, at least for me anyone else find this?
    effective GnP where you've established a dominant position (w/o training)?

watch street fight vids of people w/ no training...as soon as they go to the ground it's a bunch of flailing and spastic movements. not effective GnP

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 8:32am

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAKimura
    effective GnP where you've established a dominant position (w/o training)?

watch street fight vids of people w/ no training...as soon as they go to the ground it's a bunch of flailing and spastic movements. not effective GnP
    Sorry, but I have to disagree. I agree the grappling is less than inspiring but when I was a kid, fights on the playground often ended up with some sitting on someone else's chest (usually me) and either beating them up or tormenting them until an adult intervened.

So to me, GnP is nothing more than scientific playground fighting.

:viking:

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 9:28pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    A larger person, hieght wise, usually has a reach advantage. Even if you are a more skilled, but smaller, striker you are going to have to deal with it. Reach counts for alot on your feet. Being a tall fucker myself I don't usually have to deal with somebody with a greater reach. Being used to having the advatage seriously screws me up when I spar with guys my hieght. It throws me off. No on the ground, once again, I am used to usually dealing with small people. Too small is a pain in the ass. I tried putting this little guy in a triangle and he could just duck out because I couldn't get it tight enough to choke him. On the other hand when he went to armbar me could just picked him up and slam him. So I guess it all worked out. Now when I had Johnny in a triangle on the other hand, he used his size to stack me up and I had to release it to get out from under him (you big fucker). I don't know if I have made a point or not. There are advantages and disadvantages on both sides of the size issue. So train for both and you won't have to be suprised.
    The really funny part (I was telling everybody this in class) is that I was looking for another way out of it and passed out for a second, causing me to fall on you pretty hard... you letting go and tapping actually woke me up...
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 11:04pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    The really funny part (I was telling everybody this in class) is that I was looking for another way out of it and passed out for a second, causing me to fall on you pretty hard... you letting go and tapping actually woke me up...
    I thought you were a funny shade of red. I think your just being nice. Your so god damned wide across I didn't think I had it sunk in enough. The you folded my tall ass in half and I couldn't fucking breath. I've never had my back poped that way and I really don't want to try it again. **** triangles on you.... I'm workin on leg locks.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 11:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    8 pound, five oz baby jesus also blessed me with very thick ankles.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 11:31pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You still have an achillese. I'll be back next monday. I think I might be sore by the end of that week. Damond already goes 3/4 on me. With pads he's gonna come uncunted.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 9:19pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that all martial arts claim the size advantage thing. But I think part of the reason that you here it so much from some bjj people is because of the thing with Helio developing bjj as the smallest brother. If you read a Gracie book that is one of the things the harp on about Helio, that he was so small but could fight larger people.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 2:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    You still have an achillese. I'll be back next monday. I think I might be sore by the end of that week. Damond already goes 3/4 on me. With pads he's gonna come uncunted.
    man make sure someone puts me in a few leg submissions before you start doing them too me in sparring - I come from judo, I don't even really know what they feel like.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123