Posted On:
    1/28/2007 10:36pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Kenpo wins again.
    He is in Maryland, Apparently in the only place left on Earth TMA still works.

Posted On:
    1/28/2007 10:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you guys really that fussed about the paper work over there for that kind of thing?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    1/28/2007 11:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should've killed him, ripped his heart out and send it to his mother with a note that said, "Have a nice fucking day, you stupid ****. Eat your (son's) heart out."

Then you pike his dead corpse out in front of the studio with a sign that says, "Shoplifters will be dealt with." hanging from his rigomortified hand which has been placed pointing out in no general direction, just some way to creep everyone out.

Then when his family comes to complain the second they come in, you snatch their youngest looking child and break their spine over your head right on your skull and proceed to chew through his/her neck. I promise you they won't be coming back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 12:02am

Style: not training/injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelpong
    you guys really that fussed about the paper work over there for that kind of thing?
    People here will sue you for just about anything, it's sickening some times.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 12:53am

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by justabill
    People here will sue you for just about anything, it's sickening some times.
    Just wanted to make sure that the kid knew I was serious about this. Also wanted to make sure that mommy and daddy knew that jr was throwing challenges around like it ws lunch.

Plus, I feel that 18 year olds that still live at home, still have to rely on the folks for support. The kid even pointed that out to me that he was 18, but I still said 21. He wanted to know why, and I responded that someone had to be responsible for the medical bills that would have resulted from "shooting off" his mouth.

Found out later that the "kid" was a Black Belt at 13, in a local Kenpo School. Sorry kids, Black Belts under the age of 16 - 18 do not impress me much!

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 2:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Old enough to breed is old enough to bleed....or something
    Anna wins the thread.

--J.D.

P.S. Handled it absolutely perfectly. You demonstrated you were serious, and demonstrated that actions in life have consequences, sometimes consequences one does not want. Wonderful lesson he learned without suffering bodily injury.

And the type of **** who would play such a game would be the first one to try to sue you after you bloody his nose.

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 4:14am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still think it's mad that you americans don't see 18 as an adult - sure, a lot of people still have to rely on their parents, but that can apply regardless of age, and by that logic a 16 year old who moves out of home and gets a job is more of an adult than a 21 year old who can't support themselves because they're at university.

Don't get me wrong, this guy was acting like a dick, and probably quite immature. But an 18 year old is not a child.

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 4:29am

Style: Kajukenbo / Judo / IKEA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    He is in Maryland, Apparently in the only place left on Earth TMA still works.
    Wait, Maryland? He should be out playing Darkon.

Fear the weasels

Fear the gay pirate

Me caught Spinning at work

"Do not be afraid. With my nipples I will suckle each of you with arcane knowledge passed down for generations." -Ashida Kim (Phrost)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 4:52am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are serious about wanting opinions...

In the real world, kicking his ass would likely lead to trouble. Just because one signs a waiver, does not mean that you have a carte blanche to beat the hell out of him (not that you were thinking of doing this... just as a point of interest).

If the student, even after signing the waiver, feels as though you (the instructor) have been negligent in your relationship with him (the student), and said negligence leads to an injury, then your waiver isn't worth the paper it was signed on. So hypothetically, if you were to accept the "match" and beat him to the point of causing injury, he could say that you were negligent in your duties as an instructor. Normally waivers state that the instructor is absolved from injuries that occur during any routine action done in a class. If what you were doing falls outside of the routine, and is considered above and beyond, then you can also be held responsible.

A litigator might ask you ,"do you habitually take new students into the ring and beat them to the point of injury?" and you answer "no"... then you can be found at fault.

It's not the same as if you were competing against an opponent. As an instructor, you have an implied duty for the safety of your students.

This is just my take on things, but maybe Samuel Browning can clear it up... not sure what kind of lawyer he is, but I'm sure he has some valuable input.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast