223524 Bullies, 4509 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 81
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. chalkieusa is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Posts
    368

    Posted On:
    1/28/2007 8:53pm


     Style: Kenpo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Challenge

    Ok Ladies and Gents, how to handle this one?

    Was teaching class the other night, and in walks an eightteen year old kid, who happens to be a friend of one of the higher ranks int the class.

    Well, the kid admits that he could take anyone in the class, even me.

    I try and not laugh in the kid's face, but i couldn't help myself.

    So, the challenger takes it personally, and wants to know when we can fight.

    Sure, I reply. Here's a form to take home, read, and have your mommy and daddy sign in my presence. Also, bring proof of insurance. Also I will provide to you a video release form, which you will sign and acknowledge that this contest will be taped and put on the internet, no matter who wins.

    Needless to say, he backed down, once he realized that I was serious.

    Any thoughts on how to handle this?
  2. Ke?poFist is offline
    Ke?poFist's Avatar

    Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,886

    Posted On:
    1/28/2007 8:57pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like you handled it. He will forever now be referred to as the bitch.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

  3. Axelton is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,824

    Posted On:
    1/28/2007 8:58pm


     Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should have been very held back about it so he would think you sucked. Then when you fought you can kick his ass and show it to us all.
  4. Plasma is offline
    Plasma's Avatar

    Bullshido Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,058

    Posted On:
    1/28/2007 8:58pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkieusa
    Ok Ladies and Gents, how to handle this one?

    Was teaching class the other night, and in walks an eightteen year old kid, who happens to be a friend of one of the higher ranks int the class.

    Well, the kid admits that he could take anyone in the class, even me.

    I try and not laugh in the kid's face, but i couldn't help myself.

    So, the challenger takes it personally, and wants to know when we can fight.

    Sure, I reply. Here's a form to take home, read, and have your mommy and daddy sign in my presence. Also, bring proof of insurance. Also I will provide to you a video release form, which you will sign and acknowledge that this contest will be taped and put on the internet, no matter who wins.

    Needless to say, he backed down, once he realized that I was serious.

    Any thoughts on how to handle this?

    You handled that prefectly. I would just had him sign the standard dojo waiver then make him a bitch in front of your class.
  5. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    1/28/2007 8:59pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why even let the words of an 18 year old kid get to you?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  6. Anna Kovacs is offline
    Anna Kovacs's Avatar

    Spear Sister

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,421

    Posted On:
    1/28/2007 9:00pm

    supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Old enough to breed is old enough to bleed....or something
  7. Axelton is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,824

    Posted On:
    1/28/2007 9:08pm


     Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Old enough to breed is old enough to bleed....or something
    zing!
  8. Axelton is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,824

    Posted On:
    1/28/2007 9:09pm


     Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also since he was 18 why did you need his parents there to sign the waiver?
  9. pauli is offline

    i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    herndon, va, usa
    Posts
    3,521

    Posted On:
    1/28/2007 9:14pm

    supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think you handled that flawlessly.
  10. Slipster is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in ur boatz, subbin ur genz
    Posts
    227

    Posted On:
    1/28/2007 9:17pm


     Style: BJJ n00b

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelton
    You should have been very held back about it so he would think you sucked. Then when you fought you can kick his ass and show it to us all.
    Sounds like you handled it very professionally, but I agree with Axelton, you should have down-played your skill then wiped the floor with his ass in front of your students. Your students would have spread word of the ass beating and that would have been the best free advertising you could ever have.

    Being professional isn't always fun.
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.