Page 2 of 9 First 123456 ... Last
  1. #11

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was younger my friends dad bought him back a kukri from India after a business trip (this was in the days when security was lax enough at airports that one could easily smuggle things through in checked luggage).
    All I can say about it is that we managed (at the age of 10, and rather scrawny 10 year-olds we were, too) to chop through, in one motion, a pile of 10 2pence coins.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    199
    Style
    Ju-Jitsu, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. You guys have a lot of imagination, eh? That's a field test that never occurred to me. Maybe it's best this way... :-)

  3. #13
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    9,806
    Style
    lol yet again more Judo !
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could have sworn we already have one of these ... right here

    or is this one of those "wish list" threads ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  4. #14
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,937
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    I could have sworn we already have one of these ... right here

    or is this one of those "wish list" threads ?
    This one's just blades. That one's got blades, clubs, guns, blowguns, dogs etc.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    199
    Style
    Ju-Jitsu, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    ... is this one of those "wish list" threads ?
    Unfortunately it is, at least for me. As you probably have guessed, I am quite fond of sharp things, but I do not possess a collection worth of its name. This has to change.

    I've started this thread for three reasons: to find items I like and might acquire; to discover new designs, opinions and tecniques that would come in handy when I do my occasional bit of bladesmithing; finally, I wanted to see some great pics.

  6. #16
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    9,806
    Style
    lol yet again more Judo !
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bricco
    Unfortunately it is, at least for me. As you probably have guessed, I am quite fond of sharp things, but I do not possess a collection worth of its name. This has to change.

    I've started this thread for three reasons: to find items I like and might acquire; to discover new designs, opinions and tecniques that would come in handy when I do my occasional bit of bladesmithing; finally, I wanted to see some great pics.
    Cool deal I have a wish list a mile long .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    199
    Style
    Ju-Jitsu, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unlikely as it may seem, I've heard that there are eBay sellers who might, on special occasions, sell decent forged swords. Have you heard of those exceptional individuals?

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    199
    Style
    Ju-Jitsu, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh well, never mind that.

    I found this on the net: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_iidCgRJIY
    A typical retard of ninjers (mis)using an Oniforge Katana. Am I wrong or the rolled mats should have been drenched in water?

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    199
    Style
    Mixed grappling & fencing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bricco
    Am I wrong or the rolled mats should have been drenched in water?
    You are correct, sir. Tatami should be soaked in water. Their cuts (when it shows the result) look mediocre at best in that video.

    (edited for clarity)
    Last edited by kobudo; 2/11/2007 5:17pm at .

  10. #20
    Mr. Mantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    under the sink
    Posts
    6,331
    Style
    Kung Fu
    We are surrounded by warships and dont have time to talk. Please pray for us. One Somali Pirate.

Page 2 of 9 First 123456 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO