--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kyokushin Karate in the Hudson Valley

Hi, I just wanted to know if anyone here knows of any good Kyokushin Karate schools in the hudson valley or Pougkeepsie. Also, I wanted to know if there are any knockdown tournaments in NY comming up soon, I can't seem to find any. Thanks

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My geography isn't that good, but I know that Hudson Valley and Poughkeepsie is on mainland NY. So this is the only mainland NY Kyokushin school I know of.

http://www.uskyokushin.com/dojos.htm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If that doesn't pan out the guys at kyokushin4life.com are awsome and were the ones that helped me find my current KK dojo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks guys, I checked but there doesn't seem to be any KK schools in my area. There are BJJ schools but I don't have the money to train there.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_mally
    Thanks guys, I checked but there doesn't seem to be any KK schools in my area. There are BJJ schools but I don't have the money to train there.
    Judo, just as good (See Kimura) yet for usually 1/2-1/4 the price (There's a dojo in Newton that is $10 )

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you by Troy or Albany? If so, Kessin Kai Karate (kyokushin kai) has schools in those areas.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how is kesshin kai?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never heard of it. But then again Kyokushin has more offshoots than a TKD GM has stripes on his belt.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kesshin Kai is basically Kyokushin Kai. I have met some of their sensies, pretty cool people. They have a great attitude when it comes to sparring and endurance. If you're in the area check them out.

Note that they are a traditional school so grading is partly dependant on Kata's, but i believe most of it is sparring.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a Kyokushin knockdown tournament in Montreal on March 10th. ohanbrothers.com for info.