Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Muay Thai... and capoeira?

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I'm not sure where to post this, so I guess I'll post it here.
    I've been doing Muay Thai for several months, and I really like it, but I feel like it might be benificial to do another martial that complements it. I've been looking around, and it looks like capo might be what I'm looking for. It's by no means an effective stand alone fighting art, but it develops great flexibility, speed, and strength, which would deffinitely help in Muay Thai. Also, some of the Capo kicks do look like they could actually be very effective if they were to make contact, and might be useful in certain situations, if only to surprise or throw the otehr guy off (You don't generally expect a muay thai fighter to do a roundhouse or flying roundhouse kick). What do you guys think?

:ninjadanc

TKDBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, Durand2511, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens! supporting member

Style
    karate / bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think cap is an excellent idea. it's fun, it will improve just about anybody's conditioning, and the women are HOT.

i wouldn't go looking to cap for anything to add to your muay thai game... but for celebrating a victory or impressing the ladies or just in case a dance fight breaks out, go for it.

oh, and welcome to bullshido!

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Durand2511
    (You don't generally expect a muay thai fighter to do a roundhouse or flying roundhouse kick). What do you guys think?

:ninjadanc

I think you are confused . You dont throw round(house) kicks in your Muay Thai gym ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    PT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with pauli. Go for it.

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    I think you are confused . You dont throw round(house) kicks in your Muay Thai gym ?
    I mean like a full spinning roundhouse, where you momentarily turn your back to the opponent - unless we miss our kicks, in which case we carry through, no we don't.

Thank you everyone for the welcome.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean like a full spinning roundhouse, where you momentarily turn your back to the opponent - unless we miss our kicks, in which case we carry through, no we don't.

Thank you everyone for the welcome.
    Oh **** no ... you are dead on and have teh correct . I misunderstood your terminology and phrasing .

and as for Cap ... sure why not ? You know it's limitations .
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is kinda unrelated, but how long shoul I train before I start fighting? I've been told fighting too soon destroys technique.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Are you serious ?

This is kinda unrelated, but how long shoul I train before I start fighting? I've been told fighting too soon destroys technique.
    Read the stickies at the top of each forum .

There is one in the iCompete section explains this topic in great detail .

Spoiler:

ask your coach
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 1/26/2007 1:40am at . Reason: rampit illiteracy
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last