Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 1:29pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use this in Sparring alot, and I have used it in the past in TKD tourney's. It works really well, and it does'nt take long to get it down, it is a pretty simple technique, but it looks good. I seen one of those fights on the World Combat League, where the guy actually KO'ed the other guy with this kick, it was nice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 1:36pm

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    Out of curiosity can you abort the kick if your opponent starts to counter or does the momentum sort of take over?
    Sure. A really common defence in TKD sparring involves a back step to evade then unleahing a double. The forward momentum isn't really required...

poser

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 1:43pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PPlate
    It's a double roundhouse. It's from TKD so you should ask your teacher. Not a good idea though, if the guy had responded with a right cross, you'd be walking right into it.
    It was actually a sarcastic criticism of the kick but I kind of wasn't thinking about the internet's inability to convey tone of voice.

One problem about double kicks is that noobs tend to try and jump high with them, so they just either fall on their ass or get back kicked into a wall. It's hard to pull off but very effective when you do.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 1:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    Out of curiosity can you abort the kick if your opponent starts to counter or does the momentum sort of take over?
    It pretty hard to abort. Once you get the forward momentum going and your up in the air, you're pretty much committed to going forward, which is one of the things I don't like all that much about them. As I mentioned earlier, you can turn the second kick into a knee strike if they stand there like a stump or move in on you, but I think landing it with power is as much a matter of luck (i.e. where your opponent is when you land it) than anything else. Seems like you'd be pretty open to a punch to the face while you're up in the air between kicks if they other guy knows to try and stuff your knee with his other hand when moving in. You're also pretty much hosed if they step off at an angle away from the first kick.

edited to add:

Of course, if you do them really well, you shouldn't be up in the air for very long, so you are only vulnerable for a short time.
    Last edited by TEA; 1/29/2007 1:51pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 3:15am

Style: Tae Kwon Do(GTF now)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

not actually

double kick is quite easy yo do by every martial artist(except boxing and jujitsu guy) besides, even a white belt tkd practitioner can do that

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 3:27am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doing it in the air and doing it to someone who is actively trying to knock you out are two very different things.

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 3:28am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    of course, the white belt tkd practitioner has to be doing combative tkd, not regular tkd, right?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123