Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 5:36pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Aiten Ryu/Krotty names

I stumbled across this site featuring a Tang Soo Do school offered at a church in California. I have to admit that I am not very familiar with traditional martial arts (although I did take...ahem...Kuk Sool Won for a while when I was much younger), so I don' know if some of the things they do are generally practiced at other types of schools or not. If they are and I'm off base then call me an idiot and we'll move on. Either way, I got a kick out of it so i just had to share. Make sure you take a look at the belt color meanings and pay particular attention to the Aiten Ryu Karate names.

http://www.dankatie.com/karate/index.php

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 5:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL Kristian Krotty.

--J.D.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 6:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suppose I am no good at judging what people will find interesting. I fail at the internet. If this post doesn't get some replies I guess I won't start any more threads until I don't suck at it.

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 7:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dude its been like 2 hours. dont be a quitter like those fucks in rehab
    i like the belt meanings, especially how black is made up of all the other colours. although i reckon thats bullshit cos when i did art in school i tried it and it just made a browny mess.
    Last edited by alex; 1/26/2007 7:03pm at .

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 7:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no patience. My chi must be out of whack

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 7:09pm

Style: BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by debul937
    I got a kick out of it so i just had to share. Make sure you take a look at the belt color meanings and pay particular attention to the Aiten Ryu Karate names.

http://www.dankatie.com/karate/index.php
    Did you look at some of the pics in the gallery? WTF is up with the candle ceremony? Never did that in our TSD school.
    http://www.dankatie.com/karate/photos/05-09-naming/

IMO, that looks a little cult-ish, but that's just me...

:spanky:

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 7:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...."White represents a clean slate, the beginning of a journey, as when one begins a relationship with God.
    Yellow represents the sun, which gives light to encourage growth and signifies the early stages of advancement in the martial arts. It is a reminder of God's grace pouring on us from above, sustaining us in our walk with Jesus.
    Green is the color of early growth, the little sprouts that lift their tiny leaves upward. They reach up to the sky which is blue. Green reminds us that we are all a part of God's creation, a work in progress.
    Blue represents the sky, symbolizing the wide open space of our potential. Our potential in God is endless; there is no limit to our growth.
    Brown represents the earth, and is symbolic of getting back to the soil. Here the student must work to till the soil of the martial arts, to dig out the riches of knowledge needed for getting to the next level. It is a long and arduous journey, like the time of Jesus in the desert. Here the student draws on the previous levels of training, refines the skills by working on the details, from the most basic to the advanced.
    Red represents heat. This heat is the pressure of preparing for black belt, the ultimate goal of the beginner. Red is also the color of much love, a reminder that although at this stage the student can be potentially dangerous, the student is also guided by a Spirit of love, a gift coming from God alone.
    Black represents the culmination of a journey and the beginning of a new one. Artists know that combining yellow, green, blue, brown, and red produces black. Black is the combined knowledge of the lower levels, leading to a new level of awareness, growth, and maturity. From this point, the journey begins again, with a new innocence, reaching for a goal not of achievement but of harmony and holiness".....

You liked this stuff Alex? Some of it makes sense to me, but all the christian stuff interspersed throughout was what i found funny. Maybe it's just my own bias against religion.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 7:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    when i say i like it i mean i think its funny and retarded. i like stupid things makes me feel better about myself

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 7:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh. that makes more sense to me.
    Last edited by debul937; 1/26/2007 8:59pm at .

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 8:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    dude its been like 2 hours. dont be a quitter like those fucks in rehab
    i like the belt meanings, especially how black is made up of all the other colours. although i reckon thats bullshit cos when i did art in school i tried it and it just made a browny mess.
    Martial artists fail art....Black is a lack of color not all of the colors. Graphic Design FTW! Now I'm tempted to make some deep philosophical speech about how black belt is meaningful in relation to the lack of color, but I think I'd feel dirty if it caught on and McDojo's started to abuse it.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast