Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2007 6:01am

Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Collect 'em all?

So, I was perusing the site of the local Youn Wha club here, and I found out that they're a subset of Grandmaster Han. Han, for those of you that don't know, is a midwest U.S. chain of crappy martial schools that pump out black belts like no other. After a quick once-over, I came across this particular gem:

http://www.younwha.webmaxstudio.com/...04/3955313.htm

I think he's on to something. Instead of having classes where people show up and try to learn sub-par techniques in a sub-par system, they should just collect cards. You can't test up until you've gotten all the technique-cards you need. I'm off to buy mine, because supplies are limited.

Posted On:
    1/28/2007 6:23am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerdavy
    So, I was perusing the site of the local Youn Wha club here, and I found out that they're a subset of Grandmaster Han. Han, for those of you that don't know, is a midwest U.S. chain of crappy martial schools that pump out black belts like no other. After a quick once-over, I came across this particular gem:

http://www.younwha.webmaxstudio.com/...04/3955313.htm

I think he's on to something. Instead of having classes where people show up and try to learn sub-par techniques in a sub-par system, they should just collect cards. You can't test up until you've gotten all the technique-cards you need. I'm off to buy mine, because supplies are limited.
    I don't see anything to indicate that they're used in the manner you're describing. While I doubt they are actually in any way a "great gift item" there doesn't seem to be much going on there. It's even listed under "Novelties".

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    1/28/2007 1:19pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Classic Idea!

Who want to buy the set of collector GRANDMASTER ASKARI cards?

Quantaties are limited, I can only print so many at one time you know. Shortly there will be even more of them with my picture on it, so you can buy those too.

A set of 6 business cards with photos of Grandmaster Han,

Includes

The Young Master, Double Center Block, Double Knife Hand, Flying Side Kick, Roundhouse Kick, Side Kick.

Quantities are limited.

Great Gift Item - Maybe you can even get Grandmaster Han to sign them!
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2007 2:21pm

Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't saying that they're used in that manner, but come on... If the guy claims to have credentials like this ( http://web.umr.edu/~ywrc/ ) and he can't seem to crank out even one good student (I haven't met one who could pose a threat to a paper bag.), they certainly shouldn't be making cards of him.

Not to mention the obvious point that it's really, really creepy to actually want those.

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 1:06pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice find. Anyone else having trouble with the first link?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 1:14pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Nice find. Anyone else having trouble with the first link?
    I didn't.

I agree that these cards don't seem to be used for any bullshido teaching practices. That said the desire to cash in on the pokemon/yu-gi-oh craze is sort of disturbing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 8:05am

Style: Uechi Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote]This is a story, a legend, a myth. Many people consider that arts that claim to be made up of many different arts should be avoided as they are not true martial arts. The truth is that Grandmaster Han has over 60 years experience in many different martial arts styles and has extensively developed the Youn Wha Ryu system to what it is today. Parts of it may look like hapkido, judo, kung fu or jiu-jitsu but it is Youn Wha Ryu plain and simple. The legend is just that, told to Grandmaster Han many many years ago - fact or fiction it doesn't matter, it is the art and the artists that count!

The Youn Wha Ryu system of martial arts is shrouded in mystery and legend. Grandmaster Han himself has stated that the actual facts of Youn Wha Ryu's history are unclear. He relates the story told to him by his Youn Wha Ryu master, Sae Chong Wang.

"Youn Wha was a legendary female martial artist living on a remote island in the Orient. She was a regognized master of alchemy and a highly skilled martial artist. Her beauty was as legendary as her skill level in the martial arts, and many highly proficient martial artists in the nations, knowing of her acclaimed beauty and skill, embarked on journeys to see her and train with her.

To reach her, the martial artists had to defeat and avoid traps that could maim and kill the unwary. It was only the best and the most highly skilled martial art masters that weathered these pitfalls and were rewarded with the opportunity to view the beautiful Youn Wha. Unbeknownst to these masters, Youn Wha would use her skills in alchemy to prevent these high level martial artists from leaving her island, by drugging their food and drink. As she was the only one who had the daily antidote, for the drug, those who left her fortress did not survive the traps. In this way, she required the masters to write down their secrets so she could gain the knowledge of their systems and train in the techniques. It is from these writings that the system of Youn Wha was formed. The Youn Wha system contains all high level techniques from all systems and is unique in that no other system contains so many high level principles in one training method."

The Youn Wha Ryu, therefore, is an advanced system of fighting techniques from almost every available style of martial art. Due to its complexity, Grandmaster Han integrated Tae Kwon Do into his teaching system.

Tae Kwon Do is considered a basis for Youn Wha Ryu and it can be learned by nearly anyone. Youn Wha Ryu, however, is extremely complex and requires several years of basic martial arts training before its concepts can be understood. Training in the Tae Kwon Do system that Grandmaster Han teaches enables his students to observe the weaknesses of their own personal styles and that of other martial art systems. Thus, students are well equipped to deal with any fighting method they may encounter.

With Youn Wha, the student is now able to develop a higher degree of timing, speed, balance, control (mental and physical), and confidence.. It has taken Grandmaster Han a lifetime to develop and perfect this system so that anyone and everyone may participate. He strongly believes that this system is the best and will continue to grow world wide.
    Copyright 2000-2005 World Youn Wha Ryu Association - Missouri Division. All rights reserved. All information on this website is not to be reposted, printed, or used in any way without the authors express permission. For further information, contact us younwhamu@hotmail.com or business@younwha.com
    Please follow the links to learn about the history and philosophy behind this truly amazing martial art
    Youn Wha Legend

Grandmaster Han [quote]

This system sounds a bit odd. . .not to mention all of its "characteristics" it seems to have, are what he supposedly trained in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 2:35pm

Style: EBMAS WT ,Latosa Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    I didn't.

I agree that these cards don't seem to be used for any bullshido teaching practices. That said the desire to cash in on the pokemon/yu-gi-oh craze is sort of disturbing.

jinpokumon,you must collect them so you can defeat the evil super power.

Did you guys see the pics? they look like the same pics i've seen in the disaster threads.