Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 2:45pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    Virus' comment are awesome and should be appreciated. Rather read his ****, then some Dim Mak nutrider or other such ****.
    The fact your comparing his comments to a dim mak nutrider says alot about what you think about his comments.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 2:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As much as I hate to agree with my American Ninja fetishist friend, he does have a point. Virus' posts (minus perhaps, the endless _ing _un jokes) are always pretty cool.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 2:50pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is true.

Its just all the posts of his i've read of late have something along the lines of

"If you dont fight like in the UFC you suxorz!1!1!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 3:05pm

Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Just so you guys know, nearly 2/3's of this stuff is pretty much just me remembering the BS I dealt with, with idiots associated with my Kempo school. If I were to rate that organization as a whole, we're lookin at 39pts. So don't fuckin feel bad. Took me 8 years to wise up :P
    Currently the kempo school has about a 30.

The breakdown:
    Never heard the term anti-grappling in the class, but I technically know it's being taught. Never was told that sparring creates bad habits.
    Shihan has taught proper covering, yet at the same time teaches the other stuff, so half points for that.
    No 'no-touch knockouts.'
    Shodan has mentioned the chi, but I don't listen to him.
    I don't know how he pronounces Royce Gracie.
    Haven't been told that kata is like shadowboxing.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 3:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are you still training there Chris?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 3:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    Why are you still training there Chris?
    Cause it doesn't really matter, I'm not training to compete. It works for me right now. Atleast I know what is and isn't BS. Just to prove that the bs exisists, last night I had a five minute argument with the instructor over the order which colored the tape goes on your belt to represent the moves you learned. In the end reguardless of what I'm learning, I like the place and the poeple so I see no reason to leave.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 3:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWTK
    Currently the kempo school has about a 30.

The breakdown:
    Never heard the term anti-grappling in the class, but I technically know it's being taught. Never was told that sparring creates bad habits.
    Shihan has taught proper covering, yet at the same time teaches the other stuff, so half points for that.
    No 'no-touch knockouts.'
    Shodan has mentioned the chi, but I don't listen to him.
    I don't know how he pronounces Royce Gracie.
    Haven't been told that kata is like shadowboxing.
    I was gonna say that school in particular was probably running a 25-30. I was generalizing the entire system, which encompasses a lot of fucking delusions and ridiculousness. Wait till you get near black, and you have the opportunity to visit a few other schools. Will blow your mind.

I said that they had to say the words "anti-grappling" (and not followed by the words, "doesn't exist") And yes you are learning it nonetheless no matter what they call it.

If you're learning covering thats all that counts for that question. Learning other blocks and parries is fine, as long as your bread n' butter is there.

Shihan will pronounce it "Hoyce" others will not :)

Kata isn't like shadowboxing there, it's EVERYTHING. The most important damned thing you will learn, because "it has everything in it!" :qright4:
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 4:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWTK
    Cause it doesn't really matter, I'm not training to compete. It works for me right now. Atleast I know what is and isn't BS. Just to prove that the bs exisists, last night I had a five minute argument with the instructor over the order which colored the tape goes on your belt to represent the moves you learned.
    White belt is: Green, Yellow, Blue, Black, Red
    Everything else is: Blue, Yellow, Green, White, Black, Red

And why did you care anyways?

In the end regardless of what I'm learning, I like the place and the poeple so I see no reason to leave.
    Your last sentence there caught me by surprise. Was much the same reason I stayed there 5 or 6 months after I realized it was bullshit. I mean sure I had my delusions of running it right, and making some changes that would stick and perhaps spread, but in the end it was like an extended family that I feared losing. And I still feel that way about a lot of the students, and quite a few still stay in contact with me even though I no longer teach. But I can say undoubtedly that is not the case with any of the higher ups with the exception of Adam. I can hardly think of one instructor who hasn't been screwed, lied to, patronized, or just plain insulted right to their face, and the only reason they stay is a) fear of rejection of the "family" b) money c) are bitches. They abuse that loyalty, and it's disgraceful.
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 4:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    White belt is: Green, Yellow, Blue, Black, Red
    Everything else is: Blue, Yellow, Green, White, Black, Red

And why did you care anyways?
    No, now it's Yellow then blue, green, etc. I was just arguing cause now it'll be different than all the other belts I have. I was more or less complaining cause it's just another change from when I started.

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 5:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega, I noticed you listed the use of chi in fighting as something you are guilty of, but judging by the way I worded it I can only assume you meant that in the sense of believing it in aiding in well being and health as opposed to being able to go super Saiyan or turn your muscles into stone?

This is exactly why I didn't set the points for that so high. Because if someone was teaching something along those lines, then the BS guy would probably get a ton of other points for the rest, while someone like Omega will only get 5-7 and curse me under his breath...or right to my face rather...
    ~Bruce Lee

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast