Page 16 of 18 First ... 612131415161718 Last

Style
    Relson GJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're never sparring medium - hard, that frankly outranks all the other questions, Reboot.

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm.... 6pts for WC
    +5 No hard sparring (most of the school is new) But we do do live counter for counter drills paired with footwork. More along the lines of unscripted light contact sparring.
    +1 Pressure Points We cover about a dozen, not a real central focus.

1pt for Kali
    +1 Pressure Points: Puno strikes ftw!

Not too bad...

Edit: Kali might be a 6, I was using full speed Sombrata/Sinawali as sparring... we do do counter for counter... so maybe 3? Eh, s'all good.
    Last edited by ignatzami; 1/29/2007 2:15pm at .

Style
    BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think number 4 should be rephrased since itís too subjective. Someone who has no clue what aliveness looks like and has never seen their style performed in such an environment will have no clue how to properly answer and will default to their misguided belief that their style works under pressure. It needs something along the line of: if you answered never to question 1, then you automatically earn these 2 points (i.e if your school doesnít spar then how can you properly answer this question?).

I still think you should add something about belief in conditioning as an indicator.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the pressure point KempoFist means is the "I take my figure and jab it into you neck and you are instantly dead." Rather then the "I shink kick the outer of the thigh rather then the hip becuase it does more damage."

Style
    MT & BJJ these days
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Odd results . . .

My Capoeira experience - 4 pts
    My TKD experience - 16 pts
    My Bujinkan experience - 30 pts

Just off the original post, not the other excess questions . . .

Style
    JKD BJJ JUDO MUY THAI
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    21. You simply look at the higher ranks, and can plainly see that they are unfit/can't spar/or just plain suck. (+4pts)

Myhapkido school is a 4. The blackbelts are pretty good fighters who I can go hard as I want and enjoy it but some of blue and green belts are terrible. The almost start to cry if I slam them on the ground or put an armbar on them.
    At my BJJ school it is a 0. It is a full out war every class. We stand and trade and then on the ground we punish each other. We hate tapping so we have had many dislocations and breaks and quite few people have gone to the hospital.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer. Join us... or die

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like a great place to train....

Style
    Sanda, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by biomed190
    21. You simply look at the higher ranks, and can plainly see that they are unfit/can't spar/or just plain suck. (+4pts)

Myhapkido school is a 4. The blackbelts are pretty good fighters who I can go hard as I want and enjoy it but some of blue and green belts are terrible. The almost start to cry if I slam them on the ground or put an armbar on them.
    At my BJJ school it is a 0. It is a full out war every class. We stand and trade and then on the ground we punish each other. We hate tapping so we have had many dislocations and breaks and quite few people have gone to the hospital.
    The last part about not tapping seems more detrimental to training than helpful. If people are spending their time in the hospital that's less time in the gym.

Not to mention less time at a work, school, etc.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by biomed190
    We hate tapping so we have had many dislocations and breaks and quite few people have gone to the hospital.
    Good to know your dojo doesn't train very much. 2 month of training, elbow snapp, out for 6 weeks, 1 month of training, knee break, out for 6 months.

You guys must not be very good.

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    Good to know your dojo doesn't train very much. 2 month of training, elbow snapp, out for 6 weeks, 1 month of training, knee break, out for 6 months.

You guys must not be very good.
    I love you Pl4zM4

Page 16 of 18 First ... 612131415161718 Last