233146 Bullies, 3529 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 3:50pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    anyone know what weight he wrestled at?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2007 8:59am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rashad was still bound to outstrike him eventually. The knockout definitely added a lot of excitement to the night, is an instant highlight reel, and was much mor eexciting than ...

Heath Herring (250) vs Jake O’Brien (234.5)
    WTF.. Jake had some grea ttakedowns, but this reminded me of the old Rashad actually [rasahad and bonnar specifically]. It would be nice to see Jake learn some good GnP or submissions, and heath definitely got totally outclassed from a grappling standpoint and didn't have a chance to work his game at all. Anyway, jake showed some good, but boring, takedowns, and won easy by default.. not exciting, but a good w to have on his record and beats getting his head knocked off.

Hermes Franca (155) vs Spencer Fisher (154.5)
    Nice fight. I really like Hermes, and Fisher is a good fighter as well.. I think this was by fa rth emost exciting matchup to see. Hermes showed some good ground game. Fencer looked far sharper striking, but hermes caught him with some of those crazy ducking loopy haymakers. i thought it was called a little early; Fisher still had his hands up completley, though he was not fighting back. Overall, good fight and impressive win against the kingfisher.

Dean Lister (185) vs Nate Marquardt (185.5)
    This was absolutely pathetic by Dean Lister. Nate pretty much knocked dean around for 3 rounds and refused to get too involved in a ground game. I respect anyone for figting, but Dean was totally tuclassed striking and could not work any kind of ground game against Nate. Impressive win for Nate, and first time I have seen two 30-25 scores.

Chad Reiner (171) vs Josh Burkman (171)
    Nice fight. Chad came out with a flying knee nd almost surprised Josh, who was still waiting for his high five. Josh had some really nice takedowns, including a couple big slams. Nice win for Josh and entertaining, especially in the first rounds.

Ed Herman (186) vs Chris Price (192)*
    Ed did a good job of not getting kimura'd, and then did a sick transition into that armbar.. enough said. Messe dup haircut, but a better attitude and a better showing. I'm still surprised that he didn't beat kendall on Tuf, and I think mcdonald showed he was the real deal, so I'd like to see Ed's next fight and future.

Clay Guida (154) vs Din Thomas (154.5)
    Pretty good fight. Clay showed some good takedowns and GnP. DIn showed some better striking and some bjj sub attempts. Wold have liked to see a Din finish, but was still entertaining and Din brought home the W for the locals.

Ross Pointon (168.5) vs Rich Clementi (169.5)
    A little scared to mix it up in the beginning. Started slow.. this was the smallest Ross I'd seen. Rich did a good job of winning and don't even remember how, but I think he had Ross outclassed as soon as it went to the ground.

Other:
    Intereting appearance by Hogan and his daughter. Chuck was in attendance in the audience. Fun night, and definitely entertaining to see in person. The seminole does a good job hosting this event.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    1/27/2007 9:29am

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    Herring was out of shape in that fight and really didnt look like himself. If you think he cant grapple you obviously dont know **** about MMA. He sweeped Fedor and GnP him badly at one point in their fight.
    Exactly.... wich leads me to think that Herring didn't take this fight seriously. Total fucking disapointment. I was actually screaming at the TV for O'Brien to just mount and knock Herring out. Especially after all of the childish **** he pulled. And not just throwing up his hands hopeing the Big John would stand it up. O'Brien wasn't doing a whole lot on the ground and I have seen Herring get out of alot more aggressive mounts. If he had the chance to throw up his hands in the "please stand us up" gesture then he had room to work for sweeps, submissions or escapes. What really got me was when Herring would through a punch, from the hip, and then act insulted that O'Brien would get out of the way. It was like Herring was saying "how dare you slip a totaly tellagraphed jab, stand there like a good stepping stone and let me knock you out".

As much as I disliked Ed from TUF. He has totally changed my mind since the show has ended. He's alot more humble/thankfull vs. the cocky little **** he was on the show. And that was an awsome armbar. Just awsome.

Rashads kick was brutal. How long did Salmon stay out??? I'm mean he was still on the ground as the fight coverage went of the air. I'll give Salmon a little credit though. He had a couple good takedowns and Rashads not exactly the easiest guy to taked down.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2007 1:16am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I laughed so hard at that kick by Rashad Evans. Not because it was a bad kick, but how he just manhandled his opponent with that one strike. I definitely agree that it was cartoonish.

Dave

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/28/2007 5:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    As much as I disliked Ed from TUF. He has totally changed my mind since the show has ended. He's alot more humble/thankfull vs. the cocky little **** he was on the show. And that was an awsome armbar. Just awsome.

Like his comment that he shouldn't have tapped like a bitch to Macdonald's triangle?
    Yeah, that's mature.

From everything I've seen thus far I'm convinced that quest produces fucktards with the exception of Lindland, Couture and Hendo.

Posted On:
    1/28/2007 8:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I am tryin to give the guy a break Upa. Maybe I should have said.... "lately". He's a young hot head but every time I see him he seem a little more focused and a little less retardedly cocky.

Hey Red512S........ Try gettin kicked in the head like that and see if the outcome isn't the same. The guy was way over his front leg in a total wrestlers stance and didn't have his hands up. Rashads MT coach saw that in past footage of Salmon. The coaches/Rashad did thier homework and it paid off. It was an awsome kick and my respect level for Rashad (already high) doubled when he was obviously concerned about the poor fucker still being out cold after 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Donkey_Fizzle; 1/28/2007 8:30am at .

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/28/2007 1:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    Well I am tryin to give the guy a break Upa. Maybe I should have said.... "lately". He's a young hot head but every time I see him he seem a little more focused and a little less retardedly cocky.
    Single most recent fight =|= lately.
    Herman annoys the **** out of me.

Posted On:
    1/28/2007 2:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am going to have to agree with you there man..............

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2007 3:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tabwyo: I said that he manhandled his opponent. I was trying to communicate my amazement at the kick itself. I laughed not because I thought it was a crappy kick, but more out of amazement as to how flawless he pulled it off. Of course I would be KTFO or worse if I was on the receiving end of that kick. I agreed that it was cartoonish because I thought it looked so perfect. Did I come off as if I thought it was stupid or poorly executed? Sorry if I was unclear, I loved it.

Dave

Posted On:
    1/28/2007 3:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a near perfect kick. Any better and it would have killed Salmon.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123