Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 9:52am

Style: Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didnt think the night was wash. Rashad's fight was entertaining, and that leg kick was all kinds of awesome. I also enjoyed Franca vs. Fisher, with a finish I didnt really expect. Herman vs. Price had a cool finish too. I really think they save the better fights for their UFNs and make us pay for the crappy fights on PPV. Bastards.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 10:22am

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    Honestly, Herring should be relegated to un-televised undercards for the next 5 fights...or at least until he learns how to sprawl, close half-guard, close guard, shrimp, etc...maybe he should take 6 months of BJJ or Sub. Grap. before he tries to get back in the ring.
    I remember at one point Joe Rogan saying that Herring's BJJ instructor was hanging his head in shame. He may have even mentioned the instructors name, but I don't remember that for sure. So apparently he's been training, he just wasn't paying attention.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 10:25am

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnjunkie
    The rashad kick... man that was needed after that clown sean decided to do a front leg jump front snap kick.. anyone else go WTF? when they saw that?
    Yeah, several times. That fat guy in his corner must have told him it was teh deadly.

('._.)

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 10:42am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    Honestly, Herring should be relegated to un-televised undercards for the next 5 fights...or at least until he learns how to sprawl, close half-guard, close guard, shrimp, etc...maybe he should take 6 months of BJJ or Sub. Grap. before he tries to get back in the ring.

He throws fucking BOMBs from stand-up but his ground game was pretty lacking.

Who knows, maybe he had some ring rust or something, but it was a very poor fight.

Rashad looked pretty solid IMO and Herman's transition to arm bar from guard from the back was pretty damn sick.

Herman also didn't seem like his typical dickish self either and came across as a decent guy for once.
    Herring was out of shape in that fight and really didnt look like himself. If you think he cant grapple you obviously dont know **** about MMA. He sweeped Fedor and GnP him badly at one point in their fight.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 11:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    Herring was out of shape in that fight and really didnt look like himself. If you think he cant grapple you obviously dont know **** about MMA. He sweeped Fedor and GnP him badly at one point in their fight.
    I don't think you can call what Herring did last night "grappling" by any stretch of the imagination.

Of course he has skillz, like you said he was able to sweep Fedor and even tried to roll for a kneebar from turtle if I remember correctly. However, he completely brain farted any grappling skill he may have last night.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 11:22am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it came across looking like day one at bjj for a couple of wrestlers, which is... not what anybody wanted to see.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 11:22am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone else think that Sean Salmon was in control of the fight against Evans right up to the point when he got KTFO?

Also if anyone knows how he's doing, please post the info here.

BJJ Suckee

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 11:25am

Style: Relson GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's doing fine according to http://ufcjunkie.com .
    I think only idiots assume that someone who trains for the ring can't make the switch to the street as soon as things change. - dweidman

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 11:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think Salmon was doing well. Yes he was pressing the action but in a spastic uncontroled type of way.

I would attribute this do first time nerves of bing at the UFC but he blew his wad in the first round and paid for it in the second.

Also he needs to drop to 185. Guys at this level are Cardio machines and he can't carry that weight on his frame and get the cardio he needs

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    Does anyone else think that Sean Salmon was in control of the fight against Evans right up to the point when he got KTFO?
    He had some sweet takedowns but he really didn't appear to know how to but anything together.

And he looked fat as **** (i.e. fatter than me).
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast