Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 9:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Second the 'I don't think he'd care' notion, although I don't think I'd like my instructor reading most of my posts

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 9:30pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mine knows I post here. But he seems to have no interest in it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 9:47pm

Style: Uechi Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know a couple of people that I train with Lurk here, My instructor does not. I dont think the man has the time to lurk, much less post.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 9:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My instructor died in 2001. Does he know I post here? I think not. Those with other religious views might differ with me on this.

I sincerely doubt he would care though. However, he might say I was wasting my time. But this would be him stating the obvious and I would then point out the obvious right back: he wasted time in his own way. I have a feeling he would have found it amusing if I called him on it. :smile:

Many of his other students know I post here. Some follow it intently, some not. I can't think of anyone in this group whom I respect who wouldn't find nearly all of it hilarious in its own way.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 9:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lets see I wear my BULLSHIDO Tshirts regularly to class. I ranted and raved about Jlau wearing a BULLSHIDO.net patch in the UFC. I shoved the INSIDE KUNG FU magazine article in their faces........I don't think they know I post here.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 10:12pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshido has an article in kung fu magaZine? niiiiiice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 10:15pm

Style: BJJ boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never post. mostly because I hate to type. my instructors are fairly young and are on the web probably. although I wouldn't go, hey some guy on internet said.....I am sure they would give me the old dick on the forehead look and tell me to shut up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 10:17pm

Style: Hiatus: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor X

What style?

Your style field is empty.
    Seeing as there really isn't anything they can do to me, seriously there's only one guy from that system who I'd be worry about Gong Sau-ng me. Its called ChaYon Ryu or the Natural Way Martial Arts as we were told it translated into (Link To Homepage. Suppose to be a hybrid style of Judo/Yudo, Aikido/Hapkido, Taekwon Do, Shotokan, Goju Ryu, Kung Fu, and a few other things I can't remember. Just boiled down to us doing forms from everyone of our Parent Styles, Hapkido/Judo takedowns (Mostly Hapkido due to teacher claiming Judo was bad for our backs), and our instructor telling us we'd combine everything once we hit Black Belt.

There's nothing really wrong with the Style itself and it really boils down to whose actually teaching you what. Primarily the problem is Instructors/Masters not liking how other Instructors/Masters teach and it pretty much being a different emphasis on whatever school you'd go to: One school would put emphasis on forms and history, while another would try to put emphasis on the actual techniques and uses, and so on and so forth. My first instructor was big into conditioning, emphasis on the techniques, and if insurance wasn't an issue he'd let us do alive training (Semi contact, to full). The instructor I had last was awful feminist who put emphasis on our forms being spiffy, knowing the history, and making people feel big headed by saying "You just hit this pressure point and they'll crumple into a heap." The latter instructor has made many a big headed pupil who feels like they're invincible.

For what its worth, it accomplishes its whole Martial Arts for everyone mission statement, but that's about it. Overall nice people with good intentions. About the only good things to come from it was finding Bullshido, finding some friends, and realizing that I want to do something effective.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 10:25pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hrhmm well i think if he ever saw this site and saw one of my posts, he would proborably know it was me, if he hasnt already... how many 17 year old boxers named 'Jez' are there in wollongong who are coming back from shoulder surgery?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 10:27pm

Style: krav maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor X

What style?

Your style field is empty.
    But ... but ... but ... Your style field is "????"?
    Quid pro quo, doctor??
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast