Posted On:
    1/24/2007 5:41pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kevin Randleman Hospitalized

From MMA Weekly.

Internet message boards lit up today with rumors of Kevin Randleman being hospitalized. Unfortunately, those rumors are not just rumors. They are true.

According to Randleman's friend and training partner Wes Sims, Randleman was admitted to the hospital a few days ago and remains there today. Sims did not have much detailed information about Randleman's condition, "He's in the hospital, but I haven't even been able to talk to him yet." Sims did verify that it was a severe problem with his kidneys including some degree of failure.

The degree of Randleman's kidney failure was not disclosed, so it is very difficult to assess his chances for a complete recovery and/or a return to fighting. WebMD.com, however, says of kidney failure, "...the kidneys have an amazing capacity to heal themselves. This means most patients who survive acute kidney failure can enjoy a complete recovery within one to two months. Some patients, however, need a year or so before their kidneys are fully functional again. Others, whose kidneys have been severely damaged, may go on to chronic kidney failure."

It was unclear at the time of publication how long that Randleman will need to stay hospitalized to treat his kidney problems, nor what his expected chances for a full recovery are.
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...3318&zoneid=13

Make your steroid cracks now, hope he comes back from this to form.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 11:35pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That sucks. Randleman rules...

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 11:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *insert witty comment about "roidleman"*

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 12:11am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    randleman is an amazing athlete and a great fighter. however it is clear to anyone with a brain that the guy has used steroids, in fact all of hammer house is quite obviously on "the juice."

i sincerely hope he recovers from this and gets back into the ring, but if this can be tied to steroid use, i hope it wakes some people up.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 8:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a friend whose brother has kidney failure and needs dialysis. Lots of suffering for the patient and extremely expensive too.

I'm hoping Kevin Randleman hasn't reached that stage. Hopefully, his kidney problem is acute rather than chronic.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 8:30am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing more needs to be said about this. We all know what's up.

I hope those "roids aren't bad for you " people hear this. This guy had trainers, doctors, and a whole team behind him, and he still wrecked his kidneys.

Juice=bad for you.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 10:07am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All of this reminds me of that sad case of Andreas Munzer's passing (RIP)... severe dehydration, high potassium levels and liver and kidneys turned to goo (literaly) causing his untimely death at the prime of his life (30).

I sincerely hope this is nothing but a minor complication for Randleman, but as Scrapper said, it is obvious what's happening here. This should turn into yet, one more red flag for some.

But most important, let's us all wish a rapid and complete recovery for "The Monster".
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    1/27/2007 5:29am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Randleman gets hospitalized for life-threatening health issues once a year like clockwork. I feel for the guy, but it's hard to get excited about it anymore.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 1:53pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MMAWeekly.com reported last week that Kevin "The Monster" Randleman was hospitalized, his body basically shutting down and nearing kidney failure. Fortunately, he made it to the hospital in time to avert what surely would have been disaster.

Randleman's wife, Elizabeth, said that his CPK levels reached a measurement of 68,000. A measurement of 150 is considered normal. What this means is that Randleman's muscles were shutting down and if they hadn't got it under control, his organs would start to follow suit.

Much of the problem stemmed from complications following several surgeries and Randleman's refusal to slow down and let his body fully recover before resuming his normal routine resulting in him having to be on I.V. antibiotics for an extended period of time, which is stressful on the body.

The doctor's at St. Rose in Las Vegas, Nev. were able to flush out his system and lower his CPK levels. According to Elizabeth, "Kevin was released from the hospital and is doing very good. His CPK is down to 2,000, which is a long way from 68,000." She continued, "He canít do anything until it gets to 150 and stays there for a week or so. Other than him being somewhat stir crazy, he is very good."

Randleman spoke to Damon Martin and Jeff Cain on MMAWeekly's SoundOff radio show last week from his hospital room. "I can honestly say, that no matter whatever happens in my life, I have been blessed," said an introspective Randleman.

He even touched on the issue of his failed drug test following the Shogun fight on Pride's U.S. debut last October in Las Vegas. "If you're going to be a man, you have to stand up for what is right. I made a very bad mistake. I did something wrong. I want everyone to understand that I am so sorry to my fans, to MMA... I am going to accept everything that I get," said Randleman.

Randleman said, "I don't take performance enhancing drugs" and went on to explain that, following 11 surgeries in 16 months, he was on so many antibiotics and pain pills that he was afraid he may not be allowed to fight. But he reiterated, "From the bottom of my heart, I am so sorry for the deception. It is not my right to fight; it is an honor for me to fight."
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...3359&zoneid=13

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 1:59pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Randleman said, "I don't take performance enhancing drugs"
    So roids don't count as 'performance enhancing drugs' if you get your ass beat? Good to know.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.