232548 Bullies, 4421 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 981 to 990 of 1006
Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899 100101 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. goshinbudoJJ is online now
    goshinbudoJJ's Avatar

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Massapequa, New York
    Posts
    288

    Posted On:
    6/06/2013 10:12am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Judo, JJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    I used Irimi Nage in MMA sparring last Tuesday.
    Impressive. How'd that happen?
  2. Fuzzy is offline
    Fuzzy's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,014

    Posted On:
    6/06/2013 10:21am


     Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude I was fighting doesn't have much standup experience, his background is Eskrima and Aikido, so he has a tendency to leave his jabs hanging out in front of him.

    I managed to grab his arm, pull him forward and step in with the classic clothesline irimi nage.
  3. goshinbudoJJ is online now
    goshinbudoJJ's Avatar

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Massapequa, New York
    Posts
    288

    Posted On:
    6/06/2013 10:26am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Judo, JJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Dude I was fighting doesn't have much standup experience, his background is Eskrima and Aikido, so he has a tendency to leave his jabs hanging out in front of him.

    I managed to grab his arm, pull him forward and step in with the classic clothesline irimi nage.
    Nice, the clothesline variation is a little more realistic than it's "grab my wrist and fly through the air" brethren.

    I'm not a big fan of the "wrist grab" irimis. We're expected to get really good at them when we get to shodan at my JJJ school. Needless to say, that's why I train Judo/BJJ now.
  4. Fuzzy is offline
    Fuzzy's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,014

    Posted On:
    6/06/2013 10:29am


     Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goshinbudoJJ View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the "wrist grab" irimis. We're expected to get really good at them when we get to shodan at my JJJ school. Needless to say, that's why I train Judo/BJJ now.
    Yeah I remember them well from my Aikido days, entertaining, but impractical.
  5. Zraven7 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    30

    Posted On:
    8/28/2013 9:40am


     Style: none yet

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember thinking that pressure points were the end-all, be-all of martial arts.
  6. Skummer is offline

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    642

    Posted On:
    8/28/2013 9:54am

    supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Judo

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zraven7 View Post
    I remember thinking that pressure points were the end-all, be-all of martial arts.
    I remember when I was in Middle school, a kid who rode my bus used to brag that he knew pressure points. He thought that meant he could kill everybody, even though he was short, fat, and stupid.

    I never did get to see him try it out. No one took him seriously even then.
  7. Katje is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    645

    Posted On:
    8/28/2013 10:11am


     Style: Escrima n00b

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I knew a guy who believed he knew a pressure point combination that would overload your nerves and stop your heart. To his credit him he truly did believe that and was quite squeamish at the thought of ever doing it to someone.
  8. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,683

    Posted On:
    8/28/2013 10:57am

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katje View Post
    I knew a guy who believed he knew a pressure point combination that would overload your nerves and stop your heart. To his credit him he truly did believe that and was quite squeamish at the thought of ever doing it to someone.
    When I was a kid, my friend insisted that his dad learned a knockout technique from a Special Forces guy, where you karate chop the neck and the liver at the same time (some kind of overload thing). To do it at the same time, you have to use really shitty body mechanics and even I could see that, so I challenged him to do it on me, since I was so sure it wouldn't work. It didn't knock me out, but it did kinda hurt my neck, but I tried to act like it didn't.
  9. dwkfym is offline
    dwkfym's Avatar

    Yours truly

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    2,017

    Posted On:
    9/01/2013 11:53pm

    Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katje View Post
    I knew a guy who believed he knew a pressure point combination that would overload your nerves and stop your heart. To his credit him he truly did believe that and was quite squeamish at the thought of ever doing it to someone.
    Too bad it wasn't like, positive, like he can use it to please his sexual interest or something.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms
  10. Katje is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    645

    Posted On:
    9/02/2013 12:13pm


     Style: Escrima n00b

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Too bad it wasn't like, positive, like he can use it to please his sexual interest or something.
    Bahahahaha, downstairs pressure points! Wouldn't that have been kind of creepy to teach in a dojo though?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.