Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879394959697 9899100101 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2013 12:37am

Style: HS Cuddling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katje View Post
    Awwww, Fake got there first with the same video! That's the bullshido equivalent of turning up to prom in the same dress......

*slinks away to go hide in the bathroom and sulk for the rest of the evening*
    Nothing wrong with that. Guys like thrifty and low-maintenance girls ;)
    And I've never seen this when I trained in Kempo though.

I used to believe that you could spear hand through someone's body to impale him. Yup. Straight through the chest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2013 3:22am

Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    I used to believe that you could spear hand through someone's body to impale him. Yup. Straight through the chest.
    Hellsing style?

I wonder if that rebounding thing is a bastardization/misinterpretation of FMA tapi-tapi, cos some styles do tap themselves on the hip and shoulder with the non-weapon hand when doing solo practice.

I briefly believed in chi, and the no-hands throw.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2013 12:02pm

Style: HS Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Hitting yourself first is just stupid... However, it *seems* like my muscles tense differently if I do the rebound vs just try the strike. Sort of like the difference between haymaker and controlled right hook. Probably just suggestion getting the better of me.
    I think it's probably just the different "set-up" in that position. Cause I do know a similar technique, but it stops before you touch yourself (meaning that you recock your arms in varying positions).

For instance, a little (though somewhat unrealistic) Kempo combination I learned and modified (because there were too many Shuto chops):

Southpaw stance. Mirror for orthodox.
    Right driving backfist to the head.
    Left driving Shuto to the neck while the right hand chambers at the chest.
    Right back knuckle (horizontal fist with fingers facing up. Like a baby uppercut) as your left hand rechambers to the right side of your face, palm down.
    Left Shuto snapping forward into the neck as your right hand move up to your temple with your elbow flared out.
    Keeping your left hand near your chin to guard, Right Hammerfist to the temple.
    Follow through and drop your weight to throw a snapping Right reverse Hammer to the groin as your left hand chambers to your chest.
    Left straight to the Solar while your right fist is pulled back to a low guard.
    Right back knuckle.
    Finish with a side thrust kick.

Pretty interesting and fun idea, though I can't imagine how you'd use it in an actual match.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 1:17am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, I just remembered, since I was thin, and therefore, in "better shape," than a fat guy, I assumed could easily defeat any oval person. By "thin," I mean 5'9" 125lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 1:21am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believed that big muscles make your punches slower.

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 2:24am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    I wonder if that rebounding thing is a bastardization/misinterpretation of FMA tapi-tapi, cos some styles do tap themselves on the hip and shoulder with the non-weapon hand when doing solo practice.
    That's a possibility I hadn't considered before.

Never saw any of them use it in sparring though - it only shows up when they're doing those 20 hits in 2 seconds flurries, 'cuz it makes it flashier.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 2:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    That's a possibility I hadn't considered before.

Never saw any of them use it in sparring though - it only shows up when they're doing those 20 hits in 2 seconds flurries, 'cuz it makes it flashier.
    It just occurred to me last night watching the video Katje and Fake linked, since it comes from "Arnis.org" and iirc Ke?po does have some FMA influence.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 4:41am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awwww, Fake got there first with the same video! That's the bullshido equivalent of turning up to prom in the same dress......

*slinks away to go hide in the bathroom and sulk for the rest of the evening*
    Oh. My. God. Becky. Look at her gi.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 4:54am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The logic goes that you lose speed by bringing your hands back to guard position because you have to slow them down & bring them to a stop in front of your face after a punch. To counteract this you bring your hand back from the punch at full speed and "rebound" it off your body again for the next punch.

It's basically slapping yourself repeatedly in the torso to enhance the speed of your punches. Yeah, it's about as dumb as it sounds......

Hitting yourself first is just stupid... However, it *seems* like my muscles tense differently if I do the rebound vs just try the strike. Sort of like the difference between haymaker and controlled right hook. Probably just suggestion getting the better of me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2013 2:26pm

Style: sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This principle has to work with kicking as well. So the proper way to throw a front/push kick it to knee yourself in the face first, and use the rebounded energy to demolish your opponent.