Page 92 of 101 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192 93949596 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2012 6:25pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's fun how he never used a direct insult... also, did you actually check out the link he gave you?

To add to this, some would argue that using a certain technique on someone who's so drunk he can hardly work is not necessarily proving its effectiveness in an actual fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2012 7:00pm

Style: BJJ (blue), Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin1 View Post
    Thanks for setting me straight.
    You're welcome.

What was I thinking?
    The same thing all of us were thinking probably. That you could be a ninja or whatever, and that stuff which no empirical evidence has ever supported can be true. If you want to keep trying to convince random people on the internet (this case, me) that you're a super deadly death machine who didn't waste thousands of dollars on snake oil, be my guest, but bullshido is not the place for bullshit MA circle-jerking. Fyi, don't make stupid and unfounded claims here that everyone has heard a million and one times online without hard evidence (video evidence). People here will only make fun of you and continue to piss you off.

But then again, someone seems to have a bit of insecurity about his "prowess". Perhaps being jipped in the genitalia dept. is what causes one to lack control of exhibition of inadequacies. Just another lazyboy Looser jacking off to his JCVD sidesplit poster. While this is all fun I'm gonna have to refrain from further correspondence as it becomes futile fighting a duel of wits with an unarmed opponent. When puberty kicks in you can watch the videos of VDs "tournaments" where he performs 86 sidekicks. Yeah right.
    That's quite the list of things you've inferred about me from two posts. So I'm insecure, lazy, have a small penis, don't know what I'm talking about, have not gone through puberty, jack off to something about JCVD and can't fight. Lol. Allow me to direct you to a list of very basic informal logical fallacies: http://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/fallacies_list.html
    I am aware that you do a bullshit martial art and will not change that. At least you can learn a little something about how to fight properly with your mind here. Start by looking up "ad hominem".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2012 7:01pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Ryu Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    It's fun how he never used a direct insult... also, did you actually check out the link he gave you?

To add to this, some would argue that using a certain technique on someone who's so drunk he can hardly work is not necessarily proving its effectiveness in an actual fight.
    Yes I checked it out and I am still laughing a bit. Yes you are right that armbarring drunks is not the peak of proving prowess. Some are drunk some are not. Some are bad some are just plain silly. The full gamut as it were.Not proof but then again Im not overly concerned what a stranger thinks. Merely trying to make conversation and respond in kind. Not in the habit of insulting strangers. unless provoked i suppose but I guess that aint too zenlike.

Posted On:
    1/13/2012 4:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think that black belt was top level. Then i got my black belt 1st Dan and realize that it's only the beginning, that now i got the basics and i can try to work on that.

So when people around me brag about being black belt...:BigGrin:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/13/2012 8:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My biggest mistake was thinking that Bujinkan is the best martial art around. I trained it for three years I attended seminars and during all that time I thought that we are to dangerous to sparr. And then after a while I went to my friends house who was doing boxing for about a month and asked me if we would sparr. I said yes. I thought I had a huge experience advantage over him. Needles to say he totaly destroyed me when I was trying to do all that Ninjutsu stuff that I learned. Only untill I totaly abandoned my training experience was when I was having success.
    In reality I was fighting better if I was just going with my instincts istead of what I have learned. Since than I stopped training that rubish and I am totaly focusing on MMA training where we train Full contact sparring from every position.
    Now I think that having knowledge of traditional martial arts can be worse than no knowledge at all!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/13/2012 8:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My biggest mistake was thinking that Bujinkan is the best martial art around. I trained it for three years I attended seminars and during all that time I thought that we are to dangerous to sparr. And then after a while I went to my friends house who was doing boxing for about a month and asked me if we would sparr. I said yes. I thought I had a huge experience advantage over him. Needles to say he totaly destroyed me when I was trying to do all that Ninjutsu stuff that I learned. Only untill I totaly abandoned my training experience was when I was having success.
    In reality I was fighting better if I was just going with my instincts istead of what I have learned. Since than I stopped training that rubish and I am totaly focusing on MMA training where we train Full contact sparring from every position.
    Now I think that having knowledge of traditional martial arts can be worse than no knowledge at all!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2012 11:15am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daweedy View Post
    Nice work being honest with yourself and all. I did the ninjutsu stuff too, and while I quit for other reasons, after being away from it some time I realized that I was unhappy with the training. I think on some level I realized that the intensity was not there and there was no way of knowing how effective it would actually be.
    By the way, why don't you go and post in noobietown to introduce yourself to the bullshido community?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 1:29pm

Style: FormerShotokan,Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since most of the normal crazy has been mentioned before, I have to add only one little gem of TMA-BS:

I used to believe that Karate-Masters could - by sheer force of will - retract their testicles into their abdomen so they were immune to groin-kicks. My trainer believed it, too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 6:44pm

Style: Aikido, bits of jits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think that all aikidoka knew how to use a sword.

I used to think that anyone instructing a class must know what they were talking about.

I really just posting here to share a gem I saw today:
    someone I know, whose grappling training is only in dead drills, thought a kimura from under mount. My jaw dropped.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/10/2012 1:03am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that death touch dim mak is real i felt it before