Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2011 9:39am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, one day one of the higher up masters in the organization came to class to explain to us under-belts just what our black belt could do for us! He told us how the military needed black belts to teach it's soldiers, the president needed black belts to teach him self defense, and our belt would be worth college credits! And if we proceeded beyond 2nd degree, we would be open to training and teaching in fields he couldn't even talk about :0

He was very careful to use the words "martial arts" and "black belt" as opposed to the name of our school, or Tae Kwon Do. So he cleverly implied that the school could open these doors for us. Without being specific. And of course, we believed him. Ignorance is bliss, I should have stayed. I would be walking around thinking I could kill people, and was on the road to a CIA job right now. :(

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 2:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by da furor celtic View Post
    Yeah, one day one of the higher up masters in the organization came to class to explain to us under-belts just what our black belt could do for us! He told us how the military needed black belts to teach it's soldiers, the president needed black belts to teach him self defense, and our belt would be worth college credits! And if we proceeded beyond 2nd degree, we would be open to training and teaching in fields he couldn't even talk about :0

He was very careful to use the words "martial arts" and "black belt" as opposed to the name of our school, or Tae Kwon Do. So he cleverly implied that the school could open these doors for us. Without being specific. And of course, we believed him. Ignorance is bliss, I should have stayed. I would be walking around thinking I could kill people, and was on the road to a CIA job right now. :(
    Is it still 4th dans and up that qualify to be CIA 'assets'?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2011 7:42am

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Somehow I feel like we are suddenly speaking about Steven Seagal....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2011 2:30pm

Style: 2 Fisted Drinking Dynamo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    Somehow I feel like we are suddenly speaking about Steven Seagal....
    Naaah, I think it's a Dux reference.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2011 10:36am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    Is it still 4th dans and up that qualify to be CIA 'assets'?
    LOL how did you know?

8th dan and up is basically God.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    8/08/2011 12:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steven Seagal told me about it when we were in 'Nam together.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2011 9:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Haha.

Reminds me of when i was young and there was this rumor that i believed for years, that you could only work as a Security Guard if you had a Blackbelt. It just seems so absurd thinking about it now.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 12:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, MT, KM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think wrestling was crap even though the ones I knew at my highschool used to destroy me during challenges at recess.

I used to think the secret to flying was mastering my waist movement and would take many years to accomplish.

This nerd I knew from high school knew kung fu. Freshman year college, he would practice on the lawn and after a while other students joined him. I was so in awe, and thought he could prob whoop my ass even though I was much bigger... and yes I trained with him for a while too until we sparred and I found how weak he was.

I believed in Ninjas.

I still believe in Ogami Itto <.< >.>

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 1:01pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BearHammer View Post
    I used to think wrestling was crap even though the ones I knew at my highschool used to destroy me during challenges at recess.

I used to think the secret to flying was mastering my waist movement and would take many years to accomplish.
    Do you mean actual flying? As in crouching tiger hidden dragon, or just flying techniques?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 1:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, MT, KM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you mean actual flying? As in crouching tiger hidden dragon, or just flying techniques?
    I was about 10 or 11 so in the 80's before crouching tiger style films came out. I was more on some Gordon Liu shaolin stuff like running across lily pads in pond water and jumping up flights of stairs in 2-3 steps.