Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 7:49am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Imagine the comedy that a drunken boxing nutrider would produce on the forums.

I thought we did, Sifu Randy Abel(KungFuDoesWork), wasn't he Drunken Monkey?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 7:55am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...so pro-wrestling isn't real?

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 8:09am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to believe that using a rolling pin on my shins every night would make my Thai kick t3h d34dl33. I later realized that time might be better spent on the heavy bag actually trying to develop some power...

Quote Originally Posted by Camus
    Stylized violence/martial arts are boring

I used to love MA/cheesy action movies until I discovered what real fighting was, now I just watch dramas and romance movies
    Sad but true...

I can't enjoy action flicks with any length of choreographed HtH fighting now.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 8:14am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was told that although grappling arts have some merit, they aren't practical for self defence in a club because you may just have washed yuor hands and not dried them or you or your attacker could be sweaty. All of these things would render grappling impossible as the other person would simply slip out of your grip.

Unbelievably, I listened to and believed this..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 10:07am

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pick just about anything from this thread, I believed it. The worst:

I believed in Frank Dux.

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 10:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope you shower three times a day. I do for ninjerkan.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 10:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I too thought that Ninjitsu was the d34dlyest martial art ever and that I could learn it from somebody.

I thought boxing was more than enough to destroy anybody(hell, I'm still a boxing fanboy to this day)

Of course I dint take a second look at those grappling books in the bookstore

I actually never thought that TKD was a good style from the very begining... why? My friend told me that punches to the head are not allowed in competition. I thought to myself, "So I'm guessing punching to the head would take the sport out of TKD?"

And of course pretty much everything else posted already....

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 10:36am

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think anyone who learned to fight with their arms was an idiot. Legs are stronger AND have better reach... why the hell would anyone want to flail their weak little fists around? I told this to my martial artist friend and he agreed but said that his uncle (Who I believe does Judo, MT, and alive JJJ) told him that is a fighter who was great with his hands fought one who was great with his feet, all else equal the hands fighter would probably win. This completely befuddled me at the time.

Flash forward to now, when my standup is pretty much 95% punching and occasionally I'll throw a kick in there to mix things up. And I'm fairly sure my punches are now harder than most of my kicks.

Thanks to playing video games a lot (especially tekken) I thought that the jumping double front kick (A.K.A. the scissors kick) was a badass move, and that the reason it never seemed to work in mock-sparring was that I needed more practice. I also firmly believed that techniques should be evaluated based on the number of hits; power was almost equal for all strikes, so focus on landing as mnay as possible.

I also thought the ultimate technique would be a simultaneous rising knee with double hook with downward heabutt to the opponent's head, thereby striking it from four directions at once.

Oh God, I can't keep revealing all these hideous truths.

LOL at the number of wrestlers who thought wrestling was useless and didn't realize that they could already probably beat 80% of other martial artists to a bloody mess.

EDIT: P.S:

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Cesar
    I thought boxing was more than enough to destroy anybody(hell, I'm still a boxing fanboy to this day)
    Um, hello, boxing is more than enough to destroy anybody. The proof? When I start punching people during my no-gi class, they always get hit and act shocked and usually the instructor stops the roll ... victory by stoppage!
    Last edited by Epicurus; 1/25/2007 10:40am at .
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 11:03am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hard core TKD blocks would break an arm.
    A dropping your hands to low block was great.
    A palm heel to the nose was death.
    Ninjas rule.
    My jump spinning hook kick as t3h d34dly
    Kata made me a better fighter
    For a few years after I quit TKD I continued to do them and about 6 years ago I just stopped. I was in the middle of one and started laughing at myself.
    Koreans were t3h d34dly

Thank you JUDO for saving me.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 11:09am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus
    LOL at the number of wrestlers who thought wrestling was useless and didn't realize that they could already probably beat 80% of other martial artists to a bloody
    Can you blame us?

It's just plain old wrestling! Those MA dudes got the chi, the belts and that whole mystery of the east thing going for them.

All we had was singlets...
Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011121858 ... LastLast