Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2009 4:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusdbrutus View Post
    This thread is starting to make me uncomfortable...you know those websites around that have kinda normal content, but you know it's only there for freaks to get off to? That's the kinda vibe I get from this place.

I predict people are drawn to this place because they feel kind of a masturbatory pleasure of admitting their dirty secrets. It's almost like they're having way too much fun 'confessing' this. You'll notice the only people posting have between 5-20 posts. Pretty sure this thread is the reason they come.

Sorry, just creeped me out.
    When your a new user to a forum it takes awhile to figure out good topics to start a thread and to get involved in intense discussion, etc. So a topic like this that's easy to just post what you think and move on is attractive to somebody who's new to this type of thing.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    12/28/2009 4:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to believe that all those ancient, white-bearded, droopy-moustached 10th dan Supreme Grandmasters who live in temples and caves (behind waterfalls!) in Japan, Korea and China were quite literally the most deadly men in the world - having developed near-supernatural skills and borderline mystic powers from a lifetime of training, meditation and chi manipulation.

I believed that they could probably kill any other man with one punch/kick if challenged, rip out hearts, punch all the way through guys, dodge bullets, perform no-touch knockdowns/throws, jump 30 feet into the air from standing, project chi into swords and cut through anything, etc - but they didn't generally do this unless there was no other option as they had come to understand that martial arts are studied so that one does not need to fight... :eusa_sile

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    12/29/2009 3:43pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believed that people (especially Asian people) fought by jumping at one another and dueling in the air with fists, feet, swords, etc.

I believed that the best type of training was when hundreds of people stood in formation and did punches and kicks while making a thundrous "kiai".

I believed that properly trained blind people could kick ass by listening to their opponents movements. Even in a loud, crowded place.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/29/2009 5:06pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    I used to believe that all those ancient, white-bearded, droopy-moustached 10th dan Supreme Grandmasters who live in temples and caves (behind waterfalls!) in Japan, Korea and China were quite literally the most deadly men in the world - having developed near-supernatural skills and borderline mystic powers from a lifetime of training, meditation and chi manipulation.

I believed that they could probably kill any other man with one punch/kick if challenged, rip out hearts, punch all the way through guys, dodge bullets, perform no-touch knockdowns/throws, jump 30 feet into the air from standing, project chi into swords and cut through anything, etc - but they didn't generally do this unless there was no other option as they had come to understand that martial arts are studied so that one does not need to fight... :eusa_sile
    Too many movies and video games as a child perhaps? haha

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    12/29/2009 7:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    I believed that people (especially Asian people) fought by jumping at one another and dueling in the air with fists, feet, swords, etc.

I believed that the best type of training was when hundreds of people stood in formation and did punches and kicks while making a thundrous "kiai".

I believed that properly trained blind people could kick ass by listening to their opponents movements. Even in a loud, crowded place.
    Hahaha, yeah. I believed a lot of that too - also that kiaiing or shouting out the name of the attack you were carrying out ("FLYING KICK!") would make it more powerful by forcing chi into it or something. Note: I was a *really* little kid when I thought this - and I wasn't alone in that thought. Loads of kids would do it during playfights at school.

Quote Originally Posted by mcj1013 View Post
    Too many movies and video games as a child perhaps? haha
    You've hit the nail on the head there, sir. I knew that movies and video games were exaggerated but I thought that there was a small kernel of truth in there, martial arts being all 'mystical' and that.

The belief that 'each dan grade = something like 10x more skilful than the last' and that therefore, the old 10th dan guys could kick literally everyone else's ass (in regular fighting) endured much longer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2009 1:15am

Style: Baji, Boxing, Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to believe that Wing Chun was 'teh deadly.'

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/30/2009 9:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    You mean it's not?...

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    12/30/2009 10:02am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    It IS. But only the real Chun which you clearly don't have.

Also, I used to believe that the ability to kick someone in the head while standing toe-to-toe with them would come in handy one day. So I stretched and practiced splits day after day until I could do that kick. It never came in handy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2009 10:05am

Style: Wrestling and Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bloody hell, why do people keep dredging this thing up?

Posted On:
    12/30/2009 10:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think BJJ was a joke. Then I was politely introduced to a pair of balls right before a painful armbar.

Result:

BJJ = humiliation, THEN pain
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit