Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061 6263646571 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2009 9:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My turn :

1) I used to believe that if I punch someone in the face I would TKO the fight.
    2) After lot of training in Martial arts I would be able to walk against a gang of 50 people and kick their asses.
    3) Japanese MA is a cheap copy of Kung Fu
    4) Kung Fu is only one style and Karate is one only as well.
    5) All the other branches are 'fake' and the only dojos with the same logo have the 'true' style.
    6) My previous dojo wasn't a Mcdogo.
    7) Britney Spears a good girl
    8) Dim mak + Chi = can kill a person only by touch
    9) You can expand your chakra to 'feel' others
    10) After you train a lot you will be able to 'feel the killer instict' of the others.
    11) Muai tai- kick boxing, wrestling, box is for 'bad boys', touble makers, and bullies (because many of this kind in my school training in stuff like box) and that these styles aren't Martial 'arts' only compative sports to hit someone.
    12) Box is not a style just teaches few punches and sents you in the ring to become a sandbag.
    13) Striking arts rule and Wrestling, judo, bjj are ineffective cuz you can't go vs many opponents (cuz it's common here that if you get a fight with someone he will bring his friends after that or they will be more than 3 already. Now I know it's best not to get in the fight in first place or to bring more people :P) . Also Wresling arts are useless as 'until he graps me I will kick his ass'.
    14) The belt color = skill
    15) If someone has higher belt color than yours he can kick your ass
    16) If you have higher rank than someone you can kick his ass
    17) I am a featherweight thus I need to focus on the speed and not to weight lifting at all.
    18) The ones going into gym for muscle training are noobs and showoffs (not totally wrong though).
    19) I can't win my Sifu cuz he is so uber powerful.
    20) I shouldn't do my best in sparring cuz if I show my 'real' power someone would be hurt and i would be expelled from the school, I would damage someone and everyone would hate me for ever.
    21) Girls are shy and innocent and stay that way (I know what a noob I was )
    22) Everyone practising MMA and stuff like box, Kick-box, are brutal retarted, sadomasochist that enjoy pain (between us you need to be a bit for kick box. Last week a met a friend he went on a ring fight and he had almost destoryed his leg, but at least he won).
    23) Believing my uncle couldn't see the 'true' power of the 'art' when he told me to quit it and start box or something like that.
    24) Believing that bullshido promotes the brute violence and tries to downgrate everything else. (Yeah everyone makes mistakes, even me :P)
    25) Believing that with training you will be able to move uber stealthy like the movies and be able to kill two full rifle armed people on a forest with a single knife.
    26) I used to believe that I suck cuz in the some sparring we had agreed with the parnter not to use legs (cuz he didn't know leg defences or something like this) and I felt bad for my time of training cuz I couldn't beat with my hands only a foot taller and 40 pounds heavier opponent. I also hated that I felt useless when he was grapping my hands and I couldn't move. I was 15 and he was 30 years old.
    27) Believing that Aikido could have some practical use. (I regret: not trying to save some classmates from that art, that believe it's an actual martial art).
    28) Sorry that I believe that Bullshido is a forum that 'attacks' practisioners of some arts when they had not offend anyone. Now I know that saying 'Aikido is practical' is a reason to be banned and it's an offence itself.
    29) Used to believe Internal arts stuff like Tai-chi and I-shing quan actually work on real combat.
    30) Believing that weapon arts can be useful on a streetfight.

And as I wrote all theses things here are some things I regret:

I regret trying to convince people how they arts suck and they whould quit it to join mine. The sad part is that they believed me. Even more sad is the part that they did join or they are considering to.
    I also regret for not noticing all the bullshit around me. But as we say in greek 'Better late than at all'.
    Last edited by Chado; 12/07/2009 9:18am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2009 11:29am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think Muai Thai and non traditional arts were less effective because it took so long to down your opponent, "all it takes is a strong block and a good back fist to put the guy in hospital".

There was also the bull about Ki/Chi power etc; breath in deeply and waste loads of time imagining one hand is hot and the other is cold and if you concentrate hard enough you will be able to convince yourself that maybe, just maybe your right hand feels 2% hotter than the left.

I went to a Booj seminar many years ago and everyone had to close their eyes and stand on front of their partner, palms facing each other (1 inch apart). Using supernatural powers gained at said seminar you were then instructed to follow your partners hands in a circular motion while keeping your eyes closed. If for some reason you couldn't simply feel the body heat coming off their sweaty feelers and happened to open your eyes and look around you would see a hall with about 150 people looking like a bunch of tantric hippies. Ridiculous!

Posted On:
    12/26/2009 6:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed home made stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Used to believe my sensations of "energy" could one day be harnessed and projected into a deadly strike :P.

Used to believe that there was going to be one or two ultimate super styles of martial arts :P.

Used to believe that black belts were "hard" :).

Not sure exactly when I stopped believing that ****. I've been lucky not to have had a harsh "waking up" LOL. I suppose when I tried many times to move stuff with "qi" and didn't get anything but stronger tingling sensations.

As for the martial arts styles stuff-I think just keep reading different books, magazines and the net over time made me more cynical to start with (which meant I just ducked out of martial arts in the end) then gradually just happy to accept that actually styles weren't the issue in the slightest. Critical thinking and hard work was :).

That's all. Oh and of course, I used to believe Steven Segall and all them were hard too...:P

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/26/2009 11:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started training karate at a young age and actually believed that when I earned my black belt that I'd have to register my hands and feet as deadly weapons. I don't know where that sh*t even started, but it'd sure be funny if you had to go to the post office or something and register yourself lol.

Posted On:
    12/27/2009 12:41pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is starting to make me uncomfortable...you know those websites around that have kinda normal content, but you know it's only there for freaks to get off to? That's the kinda vibe I get from this place.

I predict people are drawn to this place because they feel kind of a masturbatory pleasure of admitting their dirty secrets. It's almost like they're having way too much fun 'confessing' this. You'll notice the only people posting have between 5-20 posts. Pretty sure this thread is the reason they come.

Sorry, just creeped me out.

Posted On:
    12/27/2009 3:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed home made stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusdbrutus View Post
    This thread is starting to make me uncomfortable...you know those websites around that have kinda normal content, but you know it's only there for freaks to get off to? That's the kinda vibe I get from this place.

I predict people are drawn to this place because they feel kind of a masturbatory pleasure of admitting their dirty secrets. It's almost like they're having way too much fun 'confessing' this. You'll notice the only people posting have between 5-20 posts. Pretty sure this thread is the reason they come.

Sorry, just creeped me out.

You mean like, confessional or something? :P

Not impossible.

The path to truth is a twisted one f'sure..

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    12/27/2009 4:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to believe that because I had a white belt in TKD and Karate, that it somehow made me a yellow belt.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/27/2009 5:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goshukan-Ryu Karate /Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to believe my Judo Sensei hated me because all I did for the first 3 months was ukemi.
    I still thought he hated me because I always had to do randori with green and brown belts that were a few years older than me (I was 14 when I started).
    I did'nt realize how solid he was making me until a few years later.

Posted On:
    12/27/2009 7:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Modified Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to believe that all people with big muscles were good in a fight.
    Used to believe that I could beat a trained fighter by going berserk on him.

Used to also think that grabbing and striking sensitive areas in my sparring was cheating and thus wrong.

Used to think that I could take a cut from a knife with my arm and shrug it off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2009 11:59pm

Style: Krotty/Crapple/Goonery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazydishwasher View Post
    I used to believe that all people with big muscles were good in a fight.
    It is a better indicator than possession of a blackbelt.