Page 56 of 101 First ... 64652535455565758596066 ... Last
  1. #551
    tao.jonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,054
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think:

    Black Belt = Badass

    Black Belt magazine adverts made me only $99.95 away from being deadly

    Black Belts actually had to register their hands as concealed weapons

    Kwai Chang Kane was better than Green Hornet

    Capoeira was so cool in Virtua Fighter that it HAD to work on the street

    Drunken Masters could beat sober ones

    Grappling was for homos

    The more esoteric and awkward the weapon, the more awesome and deadly the weilder

    Snapping my do-bak was equivalent to delivering a killing blow

  2. #552
    Larus marinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    3,061
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought that The Kumite was real. In addition, I believed that whenever people online mentioned how they were 'doing kumite' or 'training kumite', that they meant that they were physically preparing themselves to enter The Kumite.


    I used to think that Ninjutsu was The Most Deadly Martial Art. :psyduck:

  3. #553

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    835
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    The more esoteric and awkward the weapon, the more awesome and deadly the weilder
    I totally relate to this one!.
    "Whoa, What is THAT??? I'm not even sure how you would USE that as a weapon! They must be so amazingly awesome that they chose this weapon for reasons I can't even figure out!"

  4. #554
    Kovacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    1,602
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I did Chun I honestly thought I had, no... was teh d41dly. I used it three times on the 'street'. The first two occasions went very well, I managed to chain punch bigger guys to the ground and keep them there. That was proof enough that the Chun made me a fully armed and operation battle station.

    The problem with these first two fights was that I sucker punched the first guy and the second genuinely thought I wasn't going to fight, so in a way I sucker punched him as well.

    The third time didn't go so well, I ended up in A&E with a fractured nose, cuts and both eyes closed due to severe swelling. The third guy was switched on and a reasonably good boxer, as soon as I went to chain he came through with a jab-cross, the jab getting caught up in my chain and the cross coming straight over and hitting my chin. It put me on my arse and he kicked me in the face a few times for good measure.

    So in short, I used to believe that the Chun, or more specifically a chain punch would beat a jab-cross with intent. It doesn't.

  5. #555
    Larus marinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    3,061
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKovacs View Post
    When I did Chun I honestly thought I had, no... was teh d41dly. I used it three times on the 'street'. The first two occasions went very well, I managed to chain punch bigger guys to the ground and keep them there. That was proof enough that the Chun made me a fully armed and operation battle station.

    The problem with these first two fights was that I sucker punched the first guy and the second genuinely thought I wasn't going to fight, so in a way I sucker punched him as well.

    The third time didn't go so well, I ended up in A&E with a fractured nose, cuts and both eyes closed due to severe swelling. The third guy was switched on and a reasonably good boxer, as soon as I went to chain he came through with a jab-cross, the jab getting caught up in my chain and the cross coming straight over and hitting my chin. It put me on my arse and he kicked me in the face a few times for good measure.

    So in short, I used to believe that the Chun, or more specifically a chain punch would beat a jab-cross with intent. It doesn't.
    So, IOW - The Chun has been proven super-effective against 2/3 of opponents on teh streetz? :bully:

  6. #556

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    835
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    So, IOW - The Sucker Punch has been proven super-effective against 2/3 of unsuspecting victims on teh streetz? :bully:
    Fixed

  7. #557
    tao.jonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,054
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKovacs View Post
    So in short, I used to believe that the Chun, or more specifically a chain punch would beat a jab-cross with intent. It doesn't.
    It totally DOES work as you proved twice. Just like anything it's the context in which you use it.

    You found what may be the only effective way to chun someone. By surprise!

  8. #558
    Mr. Machette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,237
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think that Michael Dudikoff was ninja.

    What? I was like ten years old! Stop laughing!:new_rainf





  9. #559
    Kovacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    1,602
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    It totally DOES work as you proved twice. Just like anything it's the context in which you use it.

    You found what may be the only effective way to chun someone. By surprise!
    Joking aside, yeah, I believe it's the only effective way to Chun. Permahudef's fix is accurate as well, it was the suckerpunch that got me through, not the Chun.

  10. #560

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    China
    Posts
    440
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think that jumping kicks would always win a fight. I also used to think that Wing Chun was the anwer to everything after getting my ass kicked using the aforementioned jumping kicks.

Page 56 of 101 First ... 64652535455565758596066 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO