Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/12/2009 7:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tai chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusdbrutus View Post
    I wrestled/boxed in high school. There was a skinny krotty kid I went to school with, who enjoyed talking up and showing off his 'skills' at school. Threw high kicks really close to people's faces out of nowhere, sometimes did little parts of forms in the hallway. Insufferable dickhead, really.

I, along with most of the wrestling team, truly believed he could kick my ass.

(Until he got cold clocked for said dickish behavior. Then I just felt silly.)
    ROFL i used to be EXACTLY like that krotty kid, i even did forms n **** in the hallway... till i got my nose broken by a boxer

Featherweight

Achievements:
    31 days registeredTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    9/12/2009 7:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj , wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i used to believe that the student instruction job my karate instructers offered me to give was because i was realy good. then i realized the just wanted me to stay at the school so they could take more money from me. so i quit

Featherweight

Achievements:
    31 days registeredTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    9/12/2009 7:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj , wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also i thought any martial art that had sparring was effective

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/12/2009 7:45pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think that being able to stop my TKD kicks an inch away from a person meant I'd really be able to beat some ass in a fight. I mean, it's only an inch, right? Of course I can just kick all the way through for real, why wouldn't I be able to? Thankfully, this stupid belief was never put to the sure-to-be-embarrassing test, since I had the previously mentioned karate mystique on my side. I also tried not to publicize it too much and mostly wanted to be left alone, which probably helped.

Also, I used to think that sparring was way overrated. Just because you beat the crap out of each other on a regular basis doesn't mean you know anything about fighting! I mean, you get hurt, and then you can't train, and then you can't learn more, so obviously sparring is crap.

*groan* I actually found some old tapes my parents had of some of my TKD tournaments. I can't believe I really thought I was being taught how to fight.

I don't generally talk about my training much with people other than my fiancee, other than grumping about my bloody nose, or my busted up legs, or my puke-inducing liver. But for some reason, my friends seem to think this makes me a badass and constantly go on about how they wouldn't mess with me. Anybody else get kind of aggravated by that?

Featherweight

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/13/2009 12:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tai chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    I don't generally talk about my training much with people other than my fiancee, other than grumping about my bloody nose, or my busted up legs, or my puke-inducing liver. But for some reason, my friends seem to think this makes me a badass and constantly go on about how they wouldn't mess with me. Anybody else get kind of aggravated by that?
    lol yeah especially when you're trying to invite someone to train, n they ask you if you get hurt, you explain that everyone gets a little hurt n they find an excuse not to come along

Registered Member

Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 3:06am

Style: TKD Hapkido Judo Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    I used to think that being able to stop my TKD kicks an inch away from a person meant I'd really be able to beat some ass in a fight. I mean, it's only an inch, right? Of course I can just kick all the way through for real, why wouldn't I be able to?
    As I well found out in my youth that theory doesn't hold up in the real world. Yeah we were taught the same thing about pulling kicks. The only thing is they never tell you that in real fights the lethal karate kid may be so used to pulling kicks that he can't throw a real one and may freeze when threatened. Yeah a lot of people freeze when threatened and do nothing or else they can't focus so they throw punches that don't connect but instead glance to the side. I learned that the hard way.

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 10:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Used to believe I'd never be able to jump over 3 ppl and break a board in mid air with a flying sidekick
    but i did
    =P

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class

Posted On:
    9/22/2009 11:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Before i knew better i was given UFC 1 to watch on video from a friend, and i genuinely believed it was going to be like something out of the matrix!

With that many different Martial Arts experts how couldnt it!?

Ah how nieve i was
    Last edited by Davros; 9/22/2009 11:53am at .

Featherweight

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    10/01/2009 2:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing, BJJ, exTKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When i trained TKD i liked watching boxing (still do), but I couldnt figure out the scoring.
    Only used to point sparing, i thought they got points everytime they hit the other guy. I still couldnt understand how a guy who got demolished for 12 rounds ended up with 108-109 points. And how every time both boxer got in around 110-120 hits each.

I was young.

Registered Member

The Land Of Processed Meat And Internet Trolls

Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    10/01/2009 8:01pm

Style: Karate, Boxing, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MoccaMastah View Post
    When i trained TKD i liked watching boxing (still do), but I couldnt figure out the scoring.
    Only used to point sparing, i thought they got points everytime they hit the other guy. I still couldnt understand how a guy who got demolished for 12 rounds ended up with 108-109 points. And how every time both boxer got in around 110-120 hits each.

I was young.
    One thing we can all agree on: We were retarded before we joined martial arts and we may still be retarded.