Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 4:49pm

Style: Krotty/Crapple/Goonery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wohali View Post
    Double-legged drop kick? In Hapkido the instructors always told us that just a half way decent sidekick to side of knee was enough to disable an attacker.
    I suspect that Jardine, Frank Shamrock, and Thales Leites might have differing opinions.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 6:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy crap!!! That shot in the knee was hard to watch! Thanks for explaining though. I get what was meant now. It probably came from Blood Sport when Chong Li or whatever broke that one guys knee in the fight.

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 11:22pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wohali View Post
    Double-legged drop kick? In Hapkido the instructors always told us that just a half way decent sidekick to side of knee was enough to disable an attacker.
    I am implying that the only reason your baseball dude's knee got wrecked is because the other guy was flying at it with all his weight behind his feet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 2:52am

Style: TKD Hapkido Judo Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That makes sense. I believe he said the guy slide right into his knee purposely with his weight then laughed his head off when the guy went down. He pointed to that as the reason for his $60,000 knee replacement.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2009 9:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tai chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i used to believe all the stuff mentioned on this thread. i also used to believe that a krotty spearhand could pierce through a samurai's armour and through their heart. i asked my sensei if it was true, he said no, but i secretly still believed it... im ashamed of myself.

when i started bujinkan i used to believe that boxing, judo and all sport ma's were weak and not t3h r34l str337... i believed that sparring was too dangerous as the b00j was t00 d34dly.

at least until i met a dude there who was brought up in el salvadore, ex bouncer, been in heaps of competitions and done basically every martial art i can think of, and he completely shattered my illusions about myself and martial arts. i remember trying to think of strategies to defeat him for our bare knuckle sessions- but every time i'd get my arse handed to me. thankfully my days of LARPING are over- at least i hope so!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 9:22pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    After I saw Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon I was talking about how good it was with a work colleague who was Chinese. I inadvertently made the racist statement, "And they believe they can really do that flying and ****", he cocked his head to the side and said, "they?" like I had just insulted his heritage, shat on his father and had sex with his mother. I had meant martial artists of the LARPing kind, so I said, a tad too weakly as the realisation of what it sounded like dawned on me, "you know, martial artists" (LARPing was not in my vernacular at that stage). He seemed appeased, which is good because all Chinese are Kung Fu masters.
    so basically by "they" you still meant the chinese, because all chinese are kung fu masters, being that "you know, martial artists" would include kung fu masters.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2009 11:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wrestling & Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think a blackbelt ALWAYS and in EVERY dojo/school meant someone could beat me. Then I got decent at sparring.......and found my school wasn't really producing good students.

Registered Member

The Land Of Processed Meat And Internet Trolls

Posted On:
    9/12/2009 1:07am

Style: Karate, Boxing, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think I could shoot a Hadouken from my hands.

I used to think that a flashy martial artist could take down anyone.

I used to think that anyone trained in ninjutsu could pwn the **** out of everyone before they even knew it.

I used to think that martial arts was all about breaking bricks and ****.

I used to think Sho Kosugi was legit.

I used to think that all gung fu masters can fly through the air.

I used to think that a black belt can beat anyone to a pulp.

I used to believe pretty much every dumb ass myth about martial arts ever made.

Best of all? I stopped believing this **** once I got into martial arts.

Posted On:
    9/12/2009 1:11am

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wrestled/boxed in high school. There was a skinny krotty kid I went to school with, who enjoyed talking up and showing off his 'skills' at school. Threw high kicks really close to people's faces out of nowhere, sometimes did little parts of forms in the hallway. Insufferable dickhead, really.

I, along with most of the wrestling team, truly believed he could kick my ass.

(Until he got cold clocked for said dickish behavior. Then I just felt silly.)
    Last edited by marcusdbrutus; 9/12/2009 1:17am at .

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    9/12/2009 2:37am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That it was properly about anything other than learning the most effective method of causing harm to another person.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!