Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 5:34pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -Wing Chun works
    -Wing Chun is badass
    -Wing Chun loses on Youtube because the guy who got served didn't have t3h d34dly WC.

That's actually about it.

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 8:03pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    v1y, much appreciated.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 1:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Going back to Hung Gar.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoolol View Post
    -Wing Chun works
    -Wing Chun is badass
    -Wing Chun loses on Youtube because the guy who got served didn't have t3h d34dly WC.

That's actually about it.
    Seen the new Ip Man movieh?Makes you wonder.

I used to think Ninjutsu would help me beat people down, call Ki in my assistance, be partly invisible, do Naruto-like stuff etc....It didn't....

Then, i though boxing was nothing more than fake WWE style entertainment until i wached a fight up-close and saw how skilled these people are.

(Yeah, i 've posted 'em before)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 7:33pm

Style: TKD Hapkido Judo Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I manage to make it through 30 pages of this thread. You guys make me feel not so bad about how gullible I was as a MA noobie. I started studying at 18 yet I honestly believed that Ninjas were the best and there secretly were people running around invisible and able to leap up the side of a building.

I remember my dad trying to prevent me from studying TKD because his girlfriend at the time insisted I would have to register my hands once I attained black belt. I had never heard of that except from her so I laughed and she said "well if you don't believe it call the police station and ask them". I wished I'd been clever enough to call them and ask so I could have told her off. I always found it peculiar the school didn't have applications to register hands at the black belt tests.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 8:28pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wohali View Post
    I manage to make it through 30 pages of this thread. You guys make me feel not so bad about how gullible I was as a MA noobie. I started studying at 18 yet I honestly believed that Ninjas were the best and there secretly were people running around invisible and able to leap up the side of a building.

I remember my dad trying to prevent me from studying TKD because his girlfriend at the time insisted I would have to register my hands once I attained black belt. I had never heard of that except from her so I laughed and she said "well if you don't believe it call the police station and ask them". I wished I'd been clever enough to call them and ask so I could have told her off. I always found it peculiar the school didn't have applications to register hands at the black belt tests.
    i heard that so many times, what always got me was this. TKD is a kicking art. why not register your feet instead?

it's like telling a car owner he needs to get a dog license.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/26/2009 11:14am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo noob and, erm, chess

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Emm, I believe there is such a thing as fighting tai-chi,. I think they usually romanise it as taijiquan. It's got striking and standing grappling, and looks like a cross between Muay Thai and no-gi Judo. Several people on these boards do it, so you should probably ask them about it, if you want more info.
    Tijqun???????? If you were to ask any Mandarin Chinese person what tijqun means, they would say 'tai chi' and think of their granny doing their morning exercise in the park.

My Auntie, for example, does tijqun every morning because it is the proper, original way of saying 'tai chi' in Mandarin.

Sounds to me as if someone's learning MMA and passing it off as a centuries old Chinese martial art again. Sometimes I wish I didn't have Chinese origins...
    Last edited by Big Gorilla; 5/26/2009 11:31am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2009 8:11am

Style: Judo, Wrestling, Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you had a black belt you were kinda like a ninja.
    If you had a black belt that meant you could beat up a guy 3 times your size and do it with ease.

I thought this when I was like 4-8 years old. Then I ran into some kids at school(who showed their black belts during Show-N-Tell) get beat up pretty easily.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 8:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by white_kimbo View Post
    i heard that so many times, what always got me was this. TKD is a kicking art. why not register your feet instead?

it's like telling a car owner he needs to get a dog license.
    Because in TKD our feet are deadly weapons. That's why we register our hands and keep our secret weapons secret from even the police!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 8:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This reminds me of something funny. Once after class I stopped at the store to rent a video and I think I was wearing my dobak pants and a tee that said TKD. I was of course standing in the martial arts video section and this guy who was like 45 asks me so are you a black belt? I'm like "yeah why?". Then he starts asking all this crazy **** like "so you can break boards? you can break bricks?" And since yeah I'd tried that and done that I said yeah. Then he kept on asking these goofy questions which I was at this point trying to ignore then he asked "so you can bend steel poles in half?". I wasn't even thinking and I answered "uh-huh" and walked away from him because it was like having a dang groupie. After that this weirdo dude started stalking me showing up at both the schools I studied at. ****! But isn't that just weird at his age as a non-martial artist he apparently thought everything in the Ninja Turtles movies was real?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2009 9:04pm

Style: Enshin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought karate was all I needed to be an effective fighter