Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 10:10am

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KaosRebel666
    My mom thought that since I have rank in one MA, it would translate to all MA. I just looked at her with a stupid look on my face. Oh, this was just last week she said that.
    Duh all martial arts are karate.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 11:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i thought monkey style kung fu was effective.

but, maybe it is, if it'd done right.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 2:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think Bill Duff was stupid, until I learnt he has a degree in sociology, which means his PROFESSOR and LECTURERS were stupid. It still doesn't eliminate that he's stupid though.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 3:58am

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think that people might actually fight fair. A looong time ago.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 5:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to believe that the chances of me becoming involved in a fight were less as I grew older.

I used to believe there are people who never need to learn how to fight and I was one of them.

I used to believe this: "Groundfighting? Pah! Leave that for the Brawlers and Animals.". Now my martial arts learning is mainly on groundfighting and boxing.

I used to believe that when you give your opponent in a streetfight the chance to walk away as you've beat them (using pain compliance) they will do it, and leave you in peace. Now I know that I should have snapped his fingers after listening to him squeal "I give up, I give up, let me go!". Grrrrrrr

Streetfighters don't use boxing cuz' it's out-of-date for streetfights.

Boxing was just a brutal 'sport' that should be banned because it belonged in the dark ages and had no place in a street fight. (Sigh, I was really ignorant, sorry. Now I include Boxing.)

I used to believe that Martial Arts taught to the military and armed forces were never used on the streets because they were just too brutal for streetfighters to use.

I used to believe Rules and Honor were important factors obeyed in the streetfight.

I used to believe that any kick to the groin, (the baws), would end it. Now I know that when you kick someone there, you need to do it like it was the penalty kick in the 93rd minute of the game. And after you take your kick, you need to be ready for the 94th, 95th, 96th etc ... minute of the game.

I used to believe that you don't kick a man when he is down. Now I know that there is no better time to kick him.

I used to believe in not having a dirty streetfight. Now I know that there is no other way.

I used to believe that the "Become a Killer Fighter in just 2 hours" or "Learn How to Defend Yourself in 12 hours", courses actually could teach you how to win the random streetfight. Thank the Superhuman Being I never wasted my money on THOSE!

I used to believe that a streetfight could only last just a couple of minutes. Until someone showed me how to look at 11 hours as - just - 5 minutes.

I used to believe people who 'talk big', are the ones who know how to fight the best.
    Last edited by WEE_FAT_BOAB; 1/01/2009 8:56am at .

Posted On:
    1/04/2009 8:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WT / Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My old sifu used to tell me that I could never pay him enough money for the knowledge he was giving me as it was soooo valuable!

I still can't believe I thought he was right.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/04/2009 1:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing, BJJ, exTKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When i was watching K-1 and saw boxers being destroyed by legkicks. For some absurd reason i concluded that my TKD would defeat a boxer because we used kicks.
    We didnt use legkicks, but i thought that if i ever was attacked by a boxer, i would simply legkick him.

Luckily for me, the only boxer i knew seemed to think TKD was the deadly and never kicked my ass when i told him how much boxing sucked.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 5:54pm

Style: Grappling & Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think boxing and wrestling were not martial arts and tai-chi was.

A friend of mine showed me the "kidney throw" technique which was suppose to be one of the moves from a tai-chi form. He said if it was speeded up you could thrust your fingers into your opponent, grab his kidney, and then throw it behind you. I was astonished at the true deadly power of tai-chi.

I then started doing tai-chi, but I found it so damn slow and boring that I figured it would take me decades before I could start ripping out internal organs.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/11/2009 2:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to figure that the more Japanesey it looked, the deadlier it was. I grew up on Power Rangers and the weirder the character (or weapon/ style) the more powerful they were.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/11/2009 7:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Going back to Hung Gar.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by v1y
    Duh all martial arts are karate.
    Amen....