Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 2:19pm

Style: Goju-Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought that grappeling was pointless, I now know better.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 2:20pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ninjitsu is the d3ad1y
    Through meditation one could project their Chi in combat
    TKD, Karate, Kung Fu was badass
    Boxing and Grappling of any kind was worthless in a real fight.

Then I started training with a pro boxer/kickboxer who handed me my ass everyday, and who after seeing the 1st UFC, the first thing out of his mouth about Gracie was, "that guy's dangerous". After that I saw the value of crosstraining and realized how many of my previous ideas were completely flawed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 2:55pm

Style: Uechi Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep the stupid hand registry B.S. ( I still hear ppl say that nonsense)
    I have always known grappling is a great form for fighting, never really got the chance to take it(I really want to now). I did a little Judo many many yrs ago (didn't get past white belt).Boxing has helped me win several fights, I have had in the past. I do like Uechi for its stand up fighting, and conditioning, but I know, I also need a good ground game as well. I used to think Ninjitsu w/e was badass, I wanted the Black Pajama's. Van Damme, I alway's thought he was an idiot, and Steven Suckgall.....always hated that prick. I liked Chuck though, and the Bruce. Now I enjoy "Kung Pow" enter the fist...now thats realistic!

BJJ Suckee

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 3:02pm

Style: Relson GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Along with believing all the crap kids do about kung fu and karate being the ultimate, in HS we had a 10 year karate (don't know what type) BB come from Japan. He had three of us come up and try to attack him. We had no idea wtf we were doing so we weren't exactly going 100% but I was still impressed by how easily he manipualted us. He "threw" (irish whipped) my 250lb friend toward me and that scared the **** out of me.

Later my friend told me that in another session this kid tried to fight him alone. He was brazillian (-american) and did Brazillian Jiu Jitsu (for like 6 months) and I think he didn't "win," but I can't remember what I was actually told. I do remember that my response was something like, "Pfft. Of course he didn't win, how could Brazillian wahtever beat Karate? He's just taking that because it's part of his culture." Oh the irony. It really sucks to think that if I rolled with him even at his skill level then, he'd probably whipe the floor with me too.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 3:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Arms, Legs, and Body

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back in High School while I was training in TKD as well as teaching it, I used to strut around everywhere like my **** don't stink. Man, I used to think I was sooooo deadly and I pitied the soul who would want to start something with me because I thought I'd probably kill them.

Part of our High School gym curriculum was a semester of Western Wrestling, and whenever they would just do some free rolling around, I'd never participate. Why? I was afraid for the safety of my partner :x. Yeah, TKD will put this type of bullshit in your head.

Oh, also, I believed that point sparring required inherently more skill and translated BETTER into a real world situation than FULL CONTACT SPARRING! After all, I was always taught that if you can quickly tap the top of your big toe to someone's head, it AUTOMATICALLY meant that you can just as easily go full force and knock them out. Oi.

And don't even get me started on grappling... I had so many anti-grapples it wasn't even funny... of course, none of them worked because I still needed to "train my techniques better"... even after 9 years of doing them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 3:22pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i used to think aikido was useable in a fight, somehow.

although luckily i never believed it was useable by me in a fight..

i at least thought that certain aikido throws were workable, and that i might be able to toss someone with an irimi-nage or drop them on their head with a shiho-nage or something..

i found out this was not the case.

then i learned osoto gari, and now i can drop people on their head for real!!

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 3:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steven Segal is a badass fighter unitl about 7yrs ago.

Aikido is a deadly fighting style 7yrs ago.

Grappling is stupid ie. why doesn't that guy one the bottom punching the other guy?Probably until the 3rd UFC. Then I stopped watching because it was boring.

Bruce Lee was the best fighter ever. About 5 yrs ago.

You could catch a bullet in the mouth ie.The Last Dragon - Bruce Leroy.Problably until I was 13 or something.

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 3:46pm

Style: I request to be banned

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think that TKD would be a useful thing to take because I could do flying kicks (thank **** I never took TKD...). I thought that having the biggest biceps in the room would make me better at muay thai. I thought all dojos were the same, and that a black belt was proof of genuine skill.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 3:47pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    Steven Segal is a badass fighter unitl about 7yrs ago.
    I actually had to explain to a friend of mine about 3 weeks ago how wrong he was in thinking that Steven Segal was a badass.

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 3:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bujinkan doesn't suck

Hatsumi isn't a fake

Judo is watered down JJJ and less effective for t3h str33t

UFC fighters leave themselves open to teh deadly skin grab and eye gouge

If we sparred in bujinkan we would kill each other

Dirty tricks are the anti-grapple

If you go back far enough I used to believe that all martial arts could be used in a real fight.
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast