C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 5:31pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nunonbreak
    I want criminal checks too. Bad guys should only be allowed to train Wing Chun.
    Bad guys do combat sports, didn't you know? :happy6:

In general, I agree with Alex, although local laws are/would be making this difficult if not impossible in many places. Also, you can't force all trainees to have regular tests all the time - a single test probably won't show all the possible diseases one could be carrying and anybody can catch anything right next day after the negative test results were shown at the gym...
    So there'll never be a 100% certainty as to the health situation of the people you train with, unfortunately...

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 9:01pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    you can't force all trainees to have regular tests all the time - a single test probably won't show all the possible diseases one could be carrying and anybody can catch anything right next day after the negative test results were shown at the gym...
    So there'll never be a 100% certainty as to the health situation of the people you train with, unfortunately...
    Exactly, so even if you DO force a mandatory check for all incoming students that still leaves out regular check-ups and a pantheon of diseases that aren't included in the normal HIV test that could also be blood transmitted. And the few diseases you would be sure about (if that was ever possible) can always be caught by someone and brought in after the fact.

It'd be nice if you always were sure of everything and that there was never a risk for disease or other such deelees and while being in a contact sport doesn't necesitate the risk of catching HIV it will be always present even with the tests..... and I feel I worded that poorly someway but am too lazy to fix it. (Could that laziness also be the reason I don't think HIV tests necessary? ::GASP:: :5eek: )

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 9:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why leave out regular checks? i mean sure someone can get infected in between but you cant have them checked out every day. we do 6 months.

and again if they dont like it they can **** off. and be aware this isnt -just- about HIV, and HIV isnt the only thing required on your blood test.

your attitude of "well it PROBABLY wont happen so i cant be fucked doing it" is exactly the kind of shitty attitude so many people take towards a lot of things (just like those people who train just enough to beat off some drunken bum because theyll PROBABLY never have to fight anyone who can throw a punch) that i just fucking despise, and is usually posessed by people who will amount to nothing more than the lowest tier jobs because its "enough"

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 9:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I feel you're just being paranoid and anal retentive, but that's just me. I don't look at it like it's "Just enough" I feel like you'll never be sure of something whose chances are so slim of happening regardless of checks or NOT that it isn't something to loose sleep over.

I've had blood in both Karate and Judo but it's never extremely common or if it does happen it has VERY RARELY hit another open wound, eye, mouth or other orafice through which these diseases are transmitted. Even if the other person HAS HIV just having it land on your skin will for all intents and purposes NOT give you the disease if you're smart enough to clean the blood off in a timely fashion (let's just give it a ballpark, less than an hour or half an hour because I don't even know if it will get in after THAT long)

So I just don't see the point of obsessing about something you have to cut someone then practically drink their blood or start sucking your trainer's cock to get.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 9:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    obsessing? a 5 minute blood test every 6 months? youre a fuckwit, and HIV isnt the only thing thats spread by blood.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 10:17pm

Style: Sub-wrestling, mostly...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just because a person can get a disease any time doesn't mean that checks would be useless. First you'd know from the first test if the newbie has a disease or not. You wouldn't have this luxary if you never did this test at all. Second of all even if a current student has become diseased within the six month limit of Alex's example the man in charge could warn the other students that there is a problem and the other people who caught it will find out at the same time. By asking these people to not return you'd be effectively stopping the spread of the disease and would then be able to execute other plans to stop the spread (close the gym for cleaning and what not). Also, many diseases are treated easier when caught early so the checks would definately be optimal.

Posted On:
    1/25/2007 10:42pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes. People should seriously get tested for that crap. Sure its unlikeley. But theres still that chance it will happen.

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 12:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HearWa
    Just because a person can get a disease any time doesn't mean that checks would be useless. First you'd know from the first test if the newbie has a disease or not. You wouldn't have this luxary if you never did this test at all. Second of all even if a current student has become diseased within the six month limit of Alex's example the man in charge could warn the other students that there is a problem and the other people who caught it will find out at the same time. By asking these people to not return you'd be effectively stopping the spread of the disease and would then be able to execute other plans to stop the spread (close the gym for cleaning and what not). Also, many diseases are treated easier when caught early so the checks would definately be optimal.
    Fine fine, you're right. I surrender. I don't think I'll ever ask or demand my own schools to impliment the tests but I guess I would gladly comply if they ever decided on their own to do it. Okay?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 1:13am

Style: Sub-wrestling, mostly...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarCheese
    Fine fine, you're right. I surrender. I don't think I'll ever ask or demand my own schools to impliment the tests but I guess I would gladly comply if they ever decided on their own to do it. Okay?
    STFU NOO... oh ****. I mean, that was easy.

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 4:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HearWa
    STFU NOO... oh ****. I mean, that was easy.
    Today's been a good day. I find out my foot ISN'T broken, my dorm gets the internet connection back and there's a probability I'll be seeing a little bit of home this weekend. Now if you had caught me on a BAD day.....:suicide:
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast