Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 2:44pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with Alex, too, bro. But at least in the US, the land of "frivolous lawsuits for dummies", few if any schools will follow up with that type of screening policy. I got blood on my cheek once when my partner was bleeding from one of his lips during rolling.

I can either freak out and let my head spin thinking if my partner has AIDS (and curse my school cuz it doesn't implement blood tests), or... I can look at this objectively and accept that

1 - the risk is there, and that it's almost as small as getting it from kissing someone for the first time, and
    2 - if I ever get something in that way, it will most likely be tuberculosis, herpes, and hepatitis rather than HIV. There are more people carrying the former than the later.

Having said that, I'm doing sport BJJ where blood is rare. I don't know how abundant accidental bleedings and cuts are while practicing striking arts, not to mention in amateur/pro bouts.

I would have to be there and be splattered in blood far more often for me to begin to worry about it.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 2:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    I agree with Alex, too, bro. But at least in the US, the land of "frivolous lawsuits for dummies", few if any schools will follow up with that type of screening policy.
    By this same reasoning, one would think that schools everywhere would be trying to avoid the dreaded: "OMG, you gave me x disease, I sue you for $1,000,000."

Being a striker and having my knuckles cut open more times than I can remember has made me aware of blood-borne disease and where exactly i put my fists of fury.
    Last edited by Neildo; 1/24/2007 2:50pm at .

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 2:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmmm, actually that may be a good way to deal with my credit card debts :eusa_thin
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 2:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your new avatar makes Reeses' look happy and friendly.

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 2:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL. I'm trying really hard to find a really fucking ugly and creepy avatar. So far that's the "best" one I've found :evil6:

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 2:54pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think your old avatar, with the back lat spread, was creepy/fucking ugly enough.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 3:56pm

Style: default std

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    By this same reasoning, one would think that schools everywhere would be trying to avoid the dreaded: "OMG, you gave me x disease, I sue you for $1,000,000."

Being a striker and having my knuckles cut open more times than I can remember has made me aware of blood-borne disease and where exactly i put my fists of fury.
    They won't do anything about it until a test case(s) comes through the courts and liability is proven.
    If Schools start collecting health information there'll be HIPAA requirements they'll need to comply with and that compliance costs $$$ so the model is avoid altogether until forced.

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 4:00pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh you mean like how Dirty SOX is now? (hate Sarbanes-Oxley)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 4:42pm

Style: Starting Strength

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrt
    If Schools start collecting health information there'll be HIPAA requirements they'll need to comply with and that compliance costs $$$ so the model is avoid altogether until forced.
    Plus the decreased revenues from losing students because of the cost, hassle, invasiveness, and students just plain forgetting.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 4:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    god forbid you have a few less dollars a week to ensure that your students arent catching fuckin hepatitis.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast