Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 5:22pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, Judo, WTF TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    I actually like taking the reverse appraoch of a lot of folks here. When someone is going wild and spazzy, I just go limp and offer no resistance at all. They feel like total idiot as they're there wigging out on essentially a corpse, slapping on chokes, armbars, what have you, with no resistance. They eventually look at you like a jerk and go "Why aren't you resisting" and then you explain what is supposed to be happening. Whenever they push too hard, just go limp again.
    :grommit: That made me think of my Dachsund when he attacks and humps his doggy pillow...

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 5:24pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Just go limp" is not what I would do if a Rhino tried to rape me.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 5:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rhino rape FTW.
    Last edited by TEA; 1/24/2007 5:27pm at . Reason: cause I can't spell for shit when I'm sober

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 5:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gringokahn
    :grommit: That made me think of my Dachsund when he attacks and humps his doggy pillow...
    Yeah, it definitely creates that impression. The look on their face when they realize it is pretty priceless =P
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 5:28pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just hope when he gets better he respects someones tapout so he doesnt rip someones bicep like what happened to one of my classmates when some dickhead didnt let go after he tapped.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 5:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backdraft
    "Just go limp" is not what I would do if a Rhino tried to rape me.
    so... you wouldn't go limp... you'd get hard if a rhino humped you?
    oh, you slut...:laughing7
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 5:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahahaha.

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 5:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bustardo
    We have a new guy at our club. He joined about 3 weeks ago. He's about 23 and he claims he has no MA experience outside of Tang soo do. He's fairly big and he seems to never gas out.

The problem with this is he's a complete fucking spaz ass.

Last week while one of our blue belts (who was going at about 25% to be nice to the newbie) had him in a cross body (he had about 70 pounds on the blue belt) he tossed the blue belt off the mat and about 3 feet away from the door, when he came back pissed off he arm bared the guy in like 10 seconds. This is when we discover that the spaz has "Im-not-gonna-tap-itus". The blue belt just let it go cause he didn't feel like breaking the guys arm or causing any damage. Right afterward he was like " I WANT TO GO AGAIN!!!"

Today I was rolling with him and we end up rolling right into our instructor and another guy. So I stop, which he takes as his opportunity to be a complete fucking tard and try a miserable attempt at choking me from my guard.

Usually I'd chalk this up to normal douchbaggery, but today while I'm watching him roll with another blue belt he tried doing fucking leg locks. Now If he hasn't been trained in any MA besides tang soo do where the **** is he learning leg locks from? He didnt know what the **** he was doing and got choked out right after. After this he was strongly advised not to attempt leg locks.

When he rolls with everyone he seems to treat it like it's life or death and not training. We've explained to him several times that if he injures training partners he wont have anyone to train with. No amount of getting the **** choked out of him or near arm breaks seems to discourage him.

Ever have anyone like this at your club? How'd you handle it? Is there a better way than just not rolling with the guy?
    -Always love your training partners. Sometimes its tough love to the newbs though.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 5:57pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    There really is something disturbing about your new avatar picture...
    Where did you get it from?
    HAHAHAHAHA, I got it from here. http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

I wanted to use this one, but instead I decided to search for the wackiest, most disturbing avatar I can find. So far this is one.

-- Ed -- Axelton, I just stole your avatar!!!

-- More Ed -- Axelton, I love your avatar!!!

Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 5:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho

-- Ed -- Axelton, I just stole your avatar!!!
    You BASTARD!
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast