Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/23/2007 12:13pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Renato Tavares' Atlantic Cup 1st Round

****, I completely forgot about this event, but thankfully I got a reminder from my school. Anyways, here is the scoop...

Renato Tavares' Atlantic Cup is the first of a series of 4 elimination tournaments to be schedule on 2007. The first round is schedule for this Saturday, Jan 27, 2007, starting at 10:30AM at the following location:

Coral Springs Gymnasium
    2501 Coral Springs Drive
    Coral Springs, Florida 33065

ACR 2007 will be a qualified-rank circuit comprised of 4 rounds. Each round will take place in the months of January, March, May and June.

Competitors will accumulate points throughout the 4 rounds in order to build rank. In the end, the highest-ranking competitors in each weight category, either by belt or experience, will be awarded first (Champion), second (Runner-up), and third-place medals and diplomas.

For more information, please refer to the events' link: http://www.renatotavaresbjj.com/even...php?EventID=12

I will be there to watch and film, probably from 11 to 1 or 2PM, perhaps longer if work and family lets me. Let's see.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    1/23/2007 12:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [post whoring so that no one in FL misses any of this]
    Marcelo Garcia's Seminar at ATT Hollywood (March 3rd and 4th) : http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50218

Renato Tavares' Atlantic Cup (Jan, 27) : http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50376

Florida Throwdown (sometime in Feb) : http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36353
    [/post whoring so that no one in FL misses any of this]
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 2:45pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll be there so try to get some good footage of this bjj noob getting his butt whooped. Hopefully I can last longer than my TUF tryout lasted.

I will be competing novice/white belt, 150/154.. and have tardo headgear on because I just had my ear drained. Definitely give let me know when you are there. You can email me at spam (at) alphadreams (d0t) com for my # if u want. This is my first comp, I'm new, rusty, and a little ervous :)

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 9:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [thread whoring]
    Vidclips from the Renato Tavares' tourney in Coral Springs, FL are in
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51039
    [/thread whoring]