• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 2:14pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kickboxing Conditioning...

Theres a Kickboxing event coming up on March 30th near me. Standup is not amazing and I feel my best asset will be conditioning.

Currently I am powerlifting 3x a week. Now that I have a fight to train for I want to cut that out and work on all endurance and other conditioning. My plan is....

1)Go buy some running shoes tonight and start running in the mornings.
    2)Lots of bagwork, shadowboxing and medicine ball work.
    3)bodyweight exercises will replace my powerlifting routine.
    4)Only lift 2 x a week and keep low reps, 3x3 with only Squat, bench, row, Deadlift.

Ill be sparring too so dont forget that and meeting up with a few local Bullshido guys maybe once a week. It sucks because I just started school today, but Im going to tell my job that I can only work limited days and need a set schedule in order to prepare for this.

Any comments, questions? I think I may start a seperate log just for this with some video and updates on my training.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 2:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you have anyone coaching you? One of the the things that people forget is that in order for you to get better you need coaching too.

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 2:28pm

TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, Yes I do.

This isnt one of those "Gee Gosh I wanna fight in the Kumite! Sooo..... How do Kumite?"

I have a coach, my insturctor just fought in the last event we had as did one of our other students.

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 10:15pm

Style: Throwing, and Matwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take a whole bunch of exercises. Med ball slams, BW stuff, sandbag stuff, water balls, kegs, www.rosstraining.com stuff. Test your maxes in a bunch of lifts. Preferably power lifts like power cleans and snatches. Half that. Each total rep count(half your max) counts for 1 point.

10 minutes to warm up, 10-30 minutes to rack up as many points as you can. You can even break it down into rounds, like 5X3 minutes with a minute rest in between, trying to up the point total in each round. The unstable objects will help your clinch, and guarantee you can call on your strength in any situation. The full body power lifts will help you be explosive up to the final rounds, while maintaining technique. The program also lets you know that your in better overall shape each workout, as long as you increase your points.

Do this Monday, Wednesday and Friday, after your skill work, then do tabata intervals the other days, and rest Sunday. Take a week off before the fight. You can alternate tabata power punching, power kicking, speed punching, and speed kicking, and work your clinch moves instead of resting.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 10:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    Theres a Kickboxing event coming up on March 30th near me. Standup is not amazing and I feel my best asset will be conditioning.

Currently I am powerlifting 3x a week. Now that I have a fight to train for I want to cut that out and work on all endurance and other conditioning. My plan is....

1)Go buy some running shoes tonight and start running in the mornings.
    2)Lots of bagwork, shadowboxing and medicine ball work.
    3)bodyweight exercises will replace my powerlifting routine.
    4)Only lift 2 x a week and keep low reps, 3x3 with only Squat, bench, row, Deadlift.

Ill be sparring too so dont forget that and meeting up with a few local Bullshido guys maybe once a week. It sucks because I just started school today, but Im going to tell my job that I can only work limited days and need a set schedule in order to prepare for this.

Any comments, questions? I think I may start a seperate log just for this with some video and updates on my training.
    This with a coach ( as you mentioned ) and regular class looks like a very good start . I am looking forward to hearing more and seeing your win on video sometime in April .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 11:44pm

Style: MT Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started this thread earlier today, I advise you to at least give the article a read .....

Hey you powerlift & it's about a training plan by Fred Hatfield (First man to squat 1000 in competition)

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50339

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    1/23/2007 1:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok so tonight I did the following....

3 rounds skipping rope
    3 rounds shadowboxing
    4 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds swiss ball crunches
    1 round alternate medicine ball push ups
    1 round squat jumps
    2 rounds throwing the ball over my head and catching it with a small squat(dont know a name)
    1 round medicine ball twist

Tommorow I have my standup class followed by grappling, its snowing out where I live and realy cold so I dont know what to do about running now, the roads are real icy, its not to safe. I think Ill do that inside my gym on the astroturf they have.

I read the article above actually it was good.

Tabata training, is that the 8 seconds on 8 seconds off for 8 rounds thing?

There is no clinching in this event to my knowledge. Kicks and punches above waist, clinch and your broken up kinda quick.

Posted On:
    1/23/2007 3:17am

Style: Throwing, and Matwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest, 4 minutes. Work:Total Sprint. All you've got.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46324

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 12:36am

Style: Kickboxing , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    any info on the competition? maybe a website or something.....

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 12:56am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its at sports plus in March. Come to the LI TD tomorrow at SBU anyways.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast