• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/21/2007 11:15pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Will nevada state commision let the UFC have PRIDE style rules?

As MMA grows more and more and gets bigger and bigger, will the nevada state commision allow rules like knees to the head on a downed opponent in the future?

Or will it be the same as it is now?

As MMA gets more familiar with the general public, will the ''forbidden''aspect of MMA vanish allowing for more lax rules?

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 7:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I doubt it

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 8:34am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We live in the Land of The Walmartified Pussies. Ergo (and sadly), no :(

I could like the current MMA rules as permitted by the Nevada Pussification Commission if MMA orgs could just fucking replace the cage with a normal ring and at least adopt that PRIDE rule of starting fights in the middle of it. Quality over quantity.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 11:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why would they? They have a rule set that they took a bit of effort to come up with, that is pretty much the same as all the other states that allow and regulate MMA, and under which there have been no serious (i.e. life threatening or debilitating) injuries to the fighters.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 12:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you might as well ask if pride is going to allow elbows to the head
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 12:26pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The rules are there for the saftey of the fighters. Not to make it more publicaly acceptable. It's a contest of skill and endurance not a fucking cock fight. I agree 100% with the rules and how they are enforced. If it wasn't for refs stopping fights when they do I bet htere would have been serious injuries or even fatalities by now.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1