Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2002 2:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup, that's how it was when I was in college too. I had 2-3 hours a day to train. Sigh, I miss those days. You should become a professor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2002 2:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I lift 4 days a week, stretch 5-6 days a week, go over techniques 5-6 days a week, run 2-3 miles 5 days a week, spar 3 days a week. Rest on Sundays.
  3. Michael

Posted On:
    9/10/2002 2:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a wife and baby, but then again I'm owner of the gym so kudos to me (wipe that jealous look off your face)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2002 3:20pm

Style: Dynamic Combat,TaeKwondo,Judo,Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost why did you move to Missouri? I lived there most of my life. I don't see why anyone would want to move there : ) I've been to Cali and it's nice. In missouri there's nothing, other than maybe Branson, or Worlds/ Oceans of Fun. But anyway, I train whenever I feel like it. I go to classes usually 2 days a week. I'd go more but classes are expensive. I usually stretch out some before class. Then usually we do a defense/offense drill where me and a partner take turns throwing punches at each other and we have to parry, shield, or evade them in someway. Then we move to whatever our instrctor wants us to work on. Last class we worked on using the shield to slam into someone to get them off balance and punch them. Then after my class I help out my instrctor with a class, over see sparing and the drills, and participate in them too.

Posted On:
    9/10/2002 4:39pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moved to MO because I didn't want to pay half a million dollars for a 3 bedroom house in a decent neighborhood when I could get a 5 bedroom house in the snotty part of town for half the price.

Plus, there are a few good crosstraining schools out here, and we have a Gracie JJ Blackbelt BJJ school in town as well.

We've got kids, so living where we were, 20 miles south of Oakland wasn't an option, and our company allows us to telecommute so we decided to move out to a town where the median household income is less than half of what I make by myself.

Right now I'm waiting til payday and then going to try to work out a 6-day a week BJJ/MT training schedule. I was even thinking of taking a day of TKD a week from a local McDojo just to see how fast I could get my black belt if I pestered the instructor.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    9/10/2002 6:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Branson sucks also, I use to live there. Right now I go to school up in Springfield.
    Hey Phrost, you going to go to the Pankration tournament in at the KC Renisaunce festival?
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2002 6:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You wanna talk about suk! Ever been to Lubbock fukin Texas?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2002 12:13am

Style: BJJ and MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train BJJ 2-3 hours 4 times a week.
    I need to start training Muay Thai but I'll probably wind up with Kickboxing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2002 10:36pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Train Muay Thai 3 hours x 4 Days a week, Mon - Thurs. Do weight training 3 times a week, Fri - Sun.

Run 5Km 5-6 times per week.

Married and have a 3 year old son, so also training to be a master in the Marital Arts. ;)

Oscar
  10. 9chambers

Posted On:
    9/12/2002 1:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am 31 so I don't train all day like when I was a kid. The foundation is already built now anyway ~ so I am just maintaining it and sharpening myself. I usually only train in MA 2 times a week for 3 hours now.

On one day I do conditioning. I do paces of each kick and paces of punch combinations (some in the air and some on a bag) .. I do some free contact sparring with partners (when they are available) that I trust, some grappling and some two man drills. I am not competing anywhere right now.

On the other day I do technical work. I go through techniques on my lesson plan, I do my parry drills, I do some combination drills (on a bag or a wall) and some spontaneous choreography. Sometimes I'll do choreography with a partner. (I do kicks and some strikes on trees and walls to account for impact in combinations.)

On top of that, I usually train for fitness 3X a week for 1 hour or so .. I have a fast metabolism so that is plenty for me, maybe still too much. Catabolism eats any muscle growth I gain if I don't resist the temptation to exhaust myself every workout.

In my weight training I only use exercises that put emphasis on entire muscle groups. Rows, bent over DB rows <leaning on the bench with one arm and leg>, lat pulls, military press, leg press, kickbacks butterflys, calf raises, poppeyes. That's about all the weight training I do. The lats, tricep, chest and forearm are most important to me in weight training. My legs and abs get worked in my cardio.

In my cardio I have a few special stomach routines including killers (fast sets of V-ups), bombers (paces of jumping and tucking your legs up to your chest), standard crunches, fast half-sitout paces and laps on low hurdles.

I prefer riding my bike over distance running. Mainly, I do full-speed laps until failure on short-range obstacle courses. I do this two or three times. I also have a drill I occasionally do where I hit a volleyball against a wall for a long time while using various open handed strikes and volleyball hits.

I used to run sprints but the obstacle course takes care of that and I tend to sprint on my bike. I used to run through the forest or across this ditch I live by but that takes too much time and its too dirty to do now. I still run once in a while just to do it. I also climb once in a while. I like climbing stuff. I was the kid on the monkey bars.

I am thinking about joining this local JKD and BJJ dojo so I can compete once I get a job. They are a pretty good school.

This will take the place of one of my MA days. 9 hours a week seems like a lot but when you think about it some of my bikeride and the weight training. That stuff isn't that intense. I am trying to get back into great shape. I might cut down a little when I feel I am there .. or when I get a full-time job again.

Also, I don't have a girlfriend to whine that I spend too much time at it. :)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast