Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 8:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

World Ving Tsun Athletic Association and Sifu Darrell Jordan?

Anyone familiar with this school or instructor?

Having seen all of the _ing _hun shinanagins on the forums my interest is a bit piqued.

The school offers an intro week of class for $25 and you get a badass _ing _hun t-shirt and they offer a "full contact" class on Tues nights with the "Hammerhead Fight Club. It takes place once a week and is packed with grueling training and full contact in the end which includes grappling and take downs." (http://darrelljordan.moyyat.com/abouttheschool.html.
    Last edited by Mr. Mantis; 1/21/2007 11:29am at . Reason: By Mantis - Fixed link

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 8:43pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Link doesn't work for me.
    Shut the hell up and train.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 9:40pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nor me. But I'm now going to slap myself for clicking on it at all.

*slap*

Yes, I actually did it.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 9:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://darrelljordan.moyyat.com/abouttheschool.html

there was a ) at the end of the original link

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 11:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus tap dancing christ do I suck at the internez....

thanks joe.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 12:39pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    Anyone familiar with this school or instructor?

Having seen all of the _ing _hun shinanagins on the forums my interest is a bit piqued.

The school offers an intro week of class for $25 and you get a badass _ing _hun t-shirt and they offer a "full contact" class on Tues nights with the "Hammerhead Fight Club. It takes place once a week and is packed with grueling training and full contact in the end which includes grappling and take downs." (http://darrelljordan.moyyat.com/abouttheschool.html.
    I'm sorry to necro the thread, but I didn't see that the OP received any substantive replies. Can anyone give any information about the school or instructor? Thank you very much.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 12:50pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think there is someone on here that does moy yat vt

Dagon_Akujin, I think. But he's in another part of the country.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 11:41pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How did I get subscribed to this thread? Interesting.

And Tom Kagen would probably be a better person to ask. He probably knows Darrel Jordan's sifu, Moy Lee Shan.

Oddity: HOME STUDY COURSES ON VIDEOTAPE??!?!?

Good point: Takes about a year to get to chi sao.

Another Good point: Great list of VT links. Tom, you'll probably be interested in these. Pete Pajil and Kevin Martin are in there, along with just about everyone I've ever heard of and more. Aaron Vyvial's page is there too. Gary Lam. Where's yours?

Dagon

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 11:39am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know Darrell personally. (Ask him about the guy who managed to break a hole and fall through his freshly built sub-floor. :smile:)

I helped Darrell out technically to set up his website. I was not involved in creating the content. The information contained within his website is all his doing.

I've always considered him to be a decent guy who is honest about what he teaches and does. The video study course does trouble me a bit, though. Still, the course doesn't appear to make any grandiose claims as to what it can do for you. However, I don't know what it entails and will reserve judgment over it until I know more about it. In the meantime, I'll email him to let him know about this thread. Although he's the type to ignore a lot of the forums, he has in the past addressed public questions. I don't see why he wouldn't choose to participate here if there are any unanswered questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    Where's yours?
    I'm too fucking lazy and exhausted most of the time to put together a website beyond the one for my company: http://www.fabkom.com/ This will change eventually.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 8/05/2007 11:56am at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    12/20/2007 7:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun with JKD base

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Darrell Jordan's Orlando Wing Chun School good

I am currently a student there! Been training there 2 months. The school rocks if what you are looking for is a small high quality school with traditional wing chun taught with a combative spirit, smart and friendly students who are motivated and serious, and a good sifu who keeps it real in terms of practical application and integration into practical sparring and fighting. Occasional physical conditioning sessions are thrown in to encourage fitness and mental toughness.

The videos are just that - instructional videos, nothing weird there. People who don't have access to a local school but want to learn wing chun rudiments need videos like that. I have the first set which shows Sil Lum Tao from different angles, explains some applications and points out important structural elements. You could learn the form well from those videos.

Some Wing Chun is more mellow some more aggressive. I would rate this school as being fairly high on the aggressive scale in terms of the training approach and intensity, though don't get me wrong it is very friendly. The intent over there is to teach (and learn) practical combat wing chun, and that is definitely what you get.

I have a base in JKD and Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do/ Jun Fan Gung Fu which I have acquired from training in the past (when I was in a different area) with Lamar Davis and by attending many seminars with Bruce Lee's original students. From this I developed the desire to go deeper into the pure Wing Chun training as I was always impressed by the combative ability of those who had done so. Sifu Jordan and his instructors, while not instructing in JKD per se, do instruct in the kickboxing, sparring, and street application of what is taught and occasionally mix up the training with these type drills. One of the top instructors came to the school with a Jeet Kune Do base, so he teaches from that perspective as well. But the core of the training is pure traditional Wing Chun.

I give the school two thumbs up, it's the real deal.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast