Red

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 9:37pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MississippiRed
    By the way does anybody know who else is on that card?

MississippiRed

Strength & Honor
    I checked the pride site, they are the only bout listed so far.

I am going to to with Silva on this one. Now I agree with Omegas ideas on upswing and how henderson is on a roll, but Silva is fighting for much more. He doesn't want to go out like that. I think he is gonig to go into this fight with a fury we havn't seen from him in a long time. Probably to the point of hurting himself.

Henderson really didn't look that hot against belfort either. And I am not a Hollywood hater, I have been a fan of his for a long time as well. I just think that this time out it is going to the Axe murderer.

I say, Silva by decision.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 10:04pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah well, Time to start watching Pride fights on youtube.

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/21/2007 2:38am

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm with mrsumo on this.

its a tough call either way u wanna look at it.
    both fighters have had their ups and downs lately.

Hendo doesnt look inspired lately - the misaki fights. His gas tank was questionable, which led me to believe he wasnt focused or didn't put 100% into his preparation. Against Vitor, well, its Vitor. He's not the same fighter he used to be. He was playing it safe against hendo, fighting not to lose. Steroids didn't help him any for that strategy. And i was there to watch it live. Great technical match on the ground tho.

anyway, back to my point. Hendo seems un-motivated. Dunno if Team quest is hurting from Randy's departure. But besides Lindland being as crazy as he is, they've suffered a few losses of late. Leben, and herman both losing, and they're the rising stars of the camp

Wand? well, i kinda believe him when he talks about being motivated more than ever before. I truly believe he wants to bounce back and prove himself again. Especially since its in the US, where he wants to make a big name for himself. (not that hendo doesn't either tho)

having said that, i'm picking wand - unanimous decision

i'm a fan of both guys. Both have KO power, both will lay it all on the line. I actually think hendo has the better ground game too, but i imagine this won't go to the ground much, its gonna be a slug fest and the defining line for my pick is cuz i think hendo's gas tank is a lil weak....(uh oh, as i type this, i'm picturing 5 min rounds instead of the first 10....damn)

ah well, either way, i cant wait. I'll be there to watch it live......countin the days down.........*sigh*

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/21/2007 2:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm taking Wand over Hendo cause he is hungry to make up for his loss. I think Hendo's a great fighter but Wand is not out of the picture yet. Getting close, but not yet.

I'm also taking Randy over Tim. Randy is old but Tim is no Chuck in terms of avoiding the grapple and clinch. Just to throw this out there too, I'd take Randy over Munson for those that say Tim CAN avoid the clinch and takedown like he did against Munson. Randy is much better at getting in using his dirty boxing and clinch work. Munson was going for the lower body shot which is tougher these days against experienced people. Randy will setup the clinch with boxing and take him down. Then again, this CAN backfire... Like his last two fights. If Tim does his homework.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 12:22pm

Style: GJJ beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Huh. Omega had Henderson winning the first fight? If memory serves, Henderson nearly knocked him out at one point, but the rest of the fight was Silva outpunching him, rocking him several times. Am I totally wrong here? As for this next fight, I think it's a tough call: one good shot from Henderson's heavy hands could easily end it with that recent concussion, but if he doesn't land it Silva will just outscore him again.

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 12:27pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have the same thing. Silva is the new Sakuraba.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 12:44pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, guys, I really think you're counting Silva out way too soon. Ok, he lost to Crocop, one of the best, but he knocked the crap out of Fujita a few months before that. Also, he is only 31 I think he still has a few good years left in him.

Administrator

Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsThree Friends3 months registered

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 3:44pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by larscouture
    Huh. Omega had Henderson winning the first fight? If memory serves, Henderson nearly knocked him out at one point, but the rest of the fight was Silva outpunching him, rocking him several times. Am I totally wrong here? As for this next fight, I think it's a tough call: one good shot from Henderson's heavy hands could easily end it with that recent concussion, but if he doesn't land it Silva will just outscore him again.
    Pride scoring vs UFC scoring is about who ends up strong at the end of fight. I also haven't seen that fight in years so my recollection isn't that great of the fight. Bottom line where are they now and how well have they progressed since. I look at lots of factors when figuring these things out.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On a different note:

Want to challenge some of the other teams to some bragging rights?

Administrator

Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsThree Friends3 months registered

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 3:47pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreman
    Wow, guys, I really think you're counting Silva out way too soon. Ok, he lost to Crocop, one of the best, but he knocked the crap out of Fujita a few months before that. Also, he is only 31 I think he still has a few good years left in him.

Wait a minute I'm not counting Wandi out, he's a great fighter I'm just stating why I think Henderson is going to win. Sort of the same reason I picked GSP to win over Hughes the second time around.

It's the reason why I thought Jardine might actually beat Forrest, although I ended up picking Forrest.

Always beware of a fighter on the upswing.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast