Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

('._.)

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 12:00pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and lets not forget that in most camps you can get private training from the instructors when group training is not going on and if you tip then you get even better training. In Thailand everything is about money when it comes to westerners, everyone wants it from you and you will get treated like a king if you have it. So if you talk to the trainers, pay them for special training and even tip them they can give you excellent personal training for an hour or two every day. Which will let you learn much faster.

PS. Ming Loyalist, when where you at WMC? Was it last year?

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 1:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Impression?

I was always under the impression that Thailand is the place to go to have the sissy beaten out of you. Muay Thai training camps are where tough dudes go to get tougher. I knew a guy that trained in thailand. They slept on clay beds. When he brought out the sleeping bag, he was mocked until he left.

I knew another guy that went to train in thailand. Skinny white boy. He was never heard from again. I assumed they ate him.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 1:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    PS. Ming Loyalist, when where you at WMC? Was it last year?
    no, like 3 years ago.

is rung still a trainer there? he's a badass

"Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 6:25pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So how'd you find it Ming?

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 6:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Moose
    So how'd you find it Ming?
    other than the stuff i already posted on the last page of this thread?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 7:27pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah apologies, i did actually read what you had written before i just didnt make the connection.

What're the living standards like? Bathroom, kitchen, that sort of thing.

Posted On:
    1/22/2007 7:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there are 3 levels of accomodations, i opted for mid level because i was there for only 2 weeks (if i was going for 3 months i would have gone for the cheap ones.) the main difference was air conditioning in the room.

they actually over booked the mid level rooms so i got bumped to high level for the same price so i had cable tv too (tv in thailand isn't that great, trust me)

the place is clean and the people are really nice, the trainers will push you hard and if you work hard people will treat you well. if you are lazy people will just ignore you

('._.)

Posted On:
    1/23/2007 7:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I stayed at a small hotel nearby for 500 BHT each night, that was a good room minus all the coachroaches and lizards you get at the accomadation in the camp. Plus I could bring thai girls to my room when I stayed there...

Posted On:
    1/23/2007 1:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    I stayed at a small hotel nearby for 500 BHT each night, that was a good room minus all the coachroaches and lizards you get at the accomadation in the camp. Plus I could bring thai girls to my room when I stayed there...
    never saw roaches, but had lizards. you get used to the lizards, even with 35 years as a new yorker i'm not used to roaches. uck. maybe i like the liazards cause they eat the bugs.

i was in one of the rooms across the road to the left of the muay thai cafe, and unfortunately directly above the karaoke bar. did you stay down the road more in the middle of things?

is there a rule against bringing thai girls to the rooms in the camp? it just seemed that anyone who the trainers saw with a thai girl would get made fun of during pad work: "why no POWER??? too much BOOM BOOM with lady last night!, HAHAHAHAHA, no POWER!"

('._.)

Posted On:
    1/23/2007 2:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My room had loads of roaches. I had this bag that I kept my vitamins and stuff in and left it open during the night, the next morning I closed it and opened it up again in the night and about 6 of them crawled out. That was when I decided to switch rooms.

And lol, no I dont think theres a rule against that. But it just didnt feel right doing it. After training at the camp a few days I went to the full moon party and came back something like 8 the next morning with a girl and the trainers saw it. I never got to hear the end of it "Ah-pot buttefy....velly buttefy...have lady too much hahahah". Some guy also showed up in a Singha beer T-shirt at training and never got to hear the end of it. "Too much Singha, no power hahaha" I loved those guys. Really cool.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast