Spear Sister

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 3:20pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    sdave, I would +rep you for that post if I could. Check your pm when you get a chance, I got a question for ya.
    Alex, I would +rep you, too... and put on a shirt, for the love of God!!!!

Kat, how much weight are planning to lose, and how soon????? Just curious.

I dont know, maybe 5-10 pounds. I was 153 yesterday. If i can get to 145 that'd be great, just the sooner the better.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 3:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    Didn't I just say that?
    I was just commenting because everyone was making a big thing about commercialized images and how people wanting to be skinny is bad or good or whatever :)

Just to satisfy the "drugs are bad, m'kay?" crowd, could you give us an idea of what kind of training you've been doing lately? Weights, cardio, gr4ppl3, stand-up, etc?

I dont have a consistent training thing so it's tough to say, i go in and spar a lot and hit the bags 3-5 days a week for a couple hours and now I run 30 minutes a day on the elliptical and i'm gonna try and make that 30 mins in the morning and 30 mins at night.

Also my training schedule has been skewed lately so that makes it hard to keep track because I always ramp my training way down just before and after a fight.

So yeh, it's tough to say exactly what my diet/training is like because it's really inconsistent. Whatever I am doing it's been making me lose weight and I just want to push it a little bit.
    Last edited by Anna Kovacs; 1/24/2007 3:31pm at .

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 3:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    I'd like to ask; I've seen the goddamn TV ads, Is 'Relacore' shite or not?

I'm reading this right now: http://stress-related-weight-gain.eq...nutrition.com/

Anyone had any experience with CortiDrene?
    REAL cortisol blockers, like Cytadren (Aminoglutethimide) have been available for years and used by a few bodybuilders with some success (though Andreas Munzer died, rather horribly, reportedly using 1-2 grams a day).

Some cortisol production is necessary, though that's largely irrelevant because OTC products have virtually no effect on it (at least relative to Cytadren) and even if they did, there's not any good evidence that would be all that helpful.

Take up yoga if you're stressed, or have more sex.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 3:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take up yoga if you're stressed, or have more sex.
    I'm pretty far from stressed. I was just curious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 4:06pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    No. The entire enterprise is superfluous. Muscles are for losers.

*takes breath, stops smirking*

Now, being serious for a moment, I'm not sure the two cases are like.

To my mind, it's more conceivable for many people to keep putting on weight, than it is for this group of people to lose it. If they're plateauing, there's probably a good reason for that, and anything further is likely to harm them (see El Macho's account).

My position is also influenced by my suspicion that prescription drugs for weight loss are a huge industry in the US (I haven't got the figures ready to hand, but I think they're huge - ironically). Perhaps I associate the need for enhanced fat loss as somehow a mix of pathological vanity, self-manipulation (of a mechanical kind) and the commercial creation of false needs.

I'm sure there are cases where it's necessary, but I suspect they're few and far between.
    I agree with you for the most part. But perhaps there is more room between excessive and necessary then you seen to imply.

Your statement about corporate America and prescription weight loss is a very valid point, im just talking out of my ass but I would think it not unreasonable to think that most of those people taking prescription meds do so because they think it means they wont half to work out or diet. And thatís just retarded. Iím saying there is nothing wrong with using supplements as a short cut, these people are looking to them as a free pass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 4:39pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well you can get this drink at GNC called ripped force speed stack, it is the best thing to use in my opinnion, I had bought some whey protien and amino fuel, and went from 147 to 167 in two months, so I started drinking one of these drinks beofre training, and I am back down to 153 and it only took a week

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 4:41pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    REAL cortisol blockers, like Cytadren (Aminoglutethimide) have been available for years and used by a few bodybuilders with some success (though Andreas Munzer died, rather horribly, reportedly using 1-2 grams a day).
    Andreas Munzer - he was one of my favorite bodybuilders when I was in college. His passing away at such young age caused quite an stir.

Take up yoga if you're stressed, or have more sex, preferably with someone.
    Just to clarify things :tongue3:

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I dont know, maybe 5-10 pounds. I was 153 yesterday. If i can get to 145 that'd be great, just the sooner the better.
    Well, if you double your cardio as you said you were planning to, that'll certainly have an impact.

Do you do your cardio at a constant pace in the eliptical? If so, maybe you can spice it up every other day by going at high/max intensity for, say, 1 minute, followed by 2-3 minutes at regular speed. I've seen people doing similar variations, going all balls out on the eliptical or a stationary bike for 1 minute, then drop to the floor and do push ups to failure, and then climb back into the eliptical/stationary bike and resume at a slow, but increasing pace for 2-3 minutes, and then repeat. HIIT can do wonders.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 5:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll give that a roll, usually my pace depends on the song my MP3 player is playing but yeh i'd say it's fairly consistent so I'll try and vary it a bit.

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    I'm pretty far from stressed. I was just curious.
    Err, srry, didn't mean you, specifically.

It should have read:

"If one is stressed, perhaps he or she should take up yoga or have more sex [preferably with someone]."
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2007 6:11pm

Style: Muay Thai, Kali, Fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I'll give that a roll, usually my pace depends on the song my MP3 player is playing but yeh i'd say it's fairly consistent so I'll try and vary it a bit.
    If you're interested in doing sprint/interval training, you should check out this article:

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=251run2
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast