225088 Bullies, 3690 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 74
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Teh El Macho is offline
    Teh El Macho's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Posts
    11,762

    Posted On:
    1/20/2007 10:47am

    supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hydroxycut and its Walgreens version, Hydroxyle$$ work... but be careful. Don't start with the recommended dosage. Start with maybe one cap half an hour before your workout, and then increment and see how your body handles it.

    You will need to play with your diet as well, Kat. Hydroxycut will help you to a point, but you will have to play with the diet. Small portions 5-7 times a day, increasing the protein content as the day goes by; that should do the trick.

    -- Ed --
    In the name of Baal, make sure the hydroxycut you buy is the new one (ephedra-free)... just in case some store still carries the older version that contained ephedra.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
  2. sdave is offline
    sdave's Avatar

    Banished to Fort Worth

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    782

    Posted On:
    1/20/2007 12:20pm

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your BMI is high enough that you should be able to get a prescription for phentermine (adipex, ionamin) from your physician without too much trouble. If not, then there are several online pharmacies with a supervising doc to write it.

    It's rather inexpensive and somewhat more effective than OTC supplements. I do routinely encourage extreme caution with any drug regimen around here, and this is no exception. However, used responsibly, I've seen exceptional results with literally dozens of girls (including my ex-wife who was already rather lean). Do some homework and see what you think.

    Also very effective, though less popular, is Xenical (orlistat). Unlike phentermine, which is a stimulant/appetite suppresant, Xenical blocks the absorption and digestion of fat in your intestines. By reducing your total fat intake, your total caloric intake goes down just as though you hadn't eaten it.

    The obvious downside is that you DID eat it. So it comes out the other end. Greasy, runny stools made more than one 40 y-o woman call us and say "NO WAY" after the very first time. This doesn't affect all patients, and obviously diet is the key here as there is a lot more fat to drain out of a cheese burger than from a salad. Also, the problem may often be ameliorated with the consumption of fiber powder or wafers along with the Xenical caps.

    Not only can Xenical lower your overall caloric intake without changing your diet, but it can offer a wider variety of protein sources to someone who is traditionally bound to "low-fat" choices.

    Again, do some homework and see if you wanna try it. It's often even easier to get a Xenical prescription than one for phentermine, but if not, you can easily get one online as well (in fact, it is still moving ever closer to being released over the counter).
    Last edited by sdave; 1/20/2007 12:27pm at .
    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.
  3. Teh El Macho is offline
    Teh El Macho's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Posts
    11,762

    Posted On:
    1/20/2007 1:18pm

    supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    Your BMI is high enough that you should be able to get a prescription for phentermine (adipex, ionamin) from your physician without too much trouble. If not, then there are several online pharmacies with a supervising doc to write it.

    It's rather inexpensive and somewhat more effective than OTC supplements. I do routinely encourage extreme caution with any drug regimen around here, and this is no exception. However, used responsibly, I've seen exceptional results with literally dozens of girls (including my ex-wife who was already rather lean). Do some homework and see what you think.

    Also very effective, though less popular, is Xenical (orlistat). Unlike phentermine, which is a stimulant/appetite suppresant, Xenical blocks the absorption and digestion of fat in your intestines. By reducing your total fat intake, your total caloric intake goes down just as though you hadn't eaten it.

    The obvious downside is that you DID eat it. So it comes out the other end. Greasy, runny stools made more than one 40 y-o woman call us and say "NO WAY" after the very first time. This doesn't affect all patients, and obviously diet is the key here as there is a lot more fat to drain out of a cheese burger than from a salad. Also, the problem may often be ameliorated with the consumption of fiber powder or wafers along with the Xenical caps.

    Not only can Xenical lower your overall caloric intake without changing your diet, but it can offer a wider variety of protein sources to someone who is traditionally bound to "low-fat" choices.

    Again, do some homework and see if you wanna try it. It's often even easier to get a Xenical prescription than one for phentermine, but if not, you can easily get one online as well (in fact, it is still moving ever closer to being released over the counter).
    Hmmm, interesante. How could Xenical help in getting a wider variety of protein sources? Just curious.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
  4. War Wizard is offline
    War Wizard's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,152

    Posted On:
    1/20/2007 4:29pm


     Style: Judo - Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a former fat body, I tried several, but the only that worked but didn't make me feel like ass was Hot Rox by Biotest. It just made me feel all warm and happy with an accompanying acceleration in weight loss.

    Edit: also Hot Rox belches taste like raspberry, which was weird but awesome.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."
  5. sdave is offline
    sdave's Avatar

    Banished to Fort Worth

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    782

    Posted On:
    1/20/2007 8:39pm

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Hmmm, interesante. How could Xenical help in getting a wider variety of protein sources? Just curious.
    Sorry, should have expanded a bit... I meant that rather than eating broiled chicken breast 6 times a day, you could eat a ribeye, or a porkchop, or a bucket of KFC and the additional fat would just trickle out of your pooper-chute, like it was a George Forman grill.
    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.
  6. evil_e is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    19

    Posted On:
    1/20/2007 9:29pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi:

    In order to get completely rid of my "lovehandles" (ca. 1cm "wide"), I experimented with various "weight loss" supplements. One of them was Hydroxycut, another one Lipovarin.
    Basically, I _think_ they do not work _as advertised_. The effect was that I felt hyper and sick the whole day, and I had trouble concentrating and sleeping (due to the high doses of caffeine -- which I am not used to, since I don't drink coffee or tea). This, of course, resulted in me eating less than usual (but I also had not much energy for working out as soon as the effect of the caffeine wore off). Hence I lost a couple of pounds during the weeks I was playing with these supplements. Overall, it was a pretty miserable time, but I lost a little bit of weight. From the supplements I sampled I disliked Lipovarin the least (least miserable) and Xenadrine EFX Ephedra Free the most (really feeling bad, increased heart rate, etc.), Hydroxycut was somewhere in the middle.
    I also tried supplements containing Hoodia (is claimed to suppress "food cravings"). No conclusion on these yet (hard to distinguish placebo effect from real effect).

    Hope this helps,

    -Evil
  7. DAYoung is offline
    DAYoung's Avatar

    Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    6,269

    Posted On:
    1/21/2007 12:05am

    supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it really so difficult to lose weight that you need prescription drugs? I know it's frustrating to plateau out in fat loss, but...

    Seriously, how overweight are you?
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

  8. Epicurus is offline

    I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,492

    Posted On:
    1/21/2007 12:16am


     Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wait wait wait... some people try to lose weight? What the ****?
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.
  9. DAYoung is offline
    DAYoung's Avatar

    Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    6,269

    Posted On:
    1/21/2007 12:24am

    supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weird, I know.

    I smell a conspiracy.

    There's only one man who can bust this secretive organisation wide open; someone who's obviously free from the desire to shed kilos.

    ALEX.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

  10. TheCount is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    85

    Posted On:
    1/22/2007 6:41am


     Style: CQC

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wanna loose weight, clean up your diet and do a bit of running.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.