Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2007 10:33pm

Style: Wrestling/BJJ/Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

advice on new weight routine

hey i just needed some advice
    im 14 130 ponds average height and ive been going to the gym for 7 mounths and doing tae kwon do for 6 years. I will be starting mma in just under a year when my tae kwon do contract runs up and i cant wait. I just wanted some advice on a new program or whatever that i will be trying at the gym
    I will go every other day and have three different work outs that i will rotate threw (i will do a warm up and a cool down on the tred mill every time)

the first is sholders, tricepts and chest ill do dips holding vertical handals and bending your arms then pushing back up , shoulder presses with free weights and on a machine , bench press , hold weights out sideways , in front of me and infront but off to angle. A chest machine where you hold vertical handals and push out and then the same thing but you push more up and a tricept pull down machince i will do sets on each and lower the wight as i go untill im done.

The next day will be cardio and legs i will do leg curls on machine,leg press then 10 mins of cardio then leg machines then cardio on a bike with low resistence then leg machines then bike with higher recistance then tredmill to finish it off.

next is back and abbs and bicepts
    ill do a ab machnie different abb workouts on a mat like holding your legs up and such then lat pull dows chin ups but with your pomes facing away from you in stead of towards. And lots of bicept cruls with differet amounts of weights.

At home i do knuckle pushups and i have a heavy bag that i kick and punch almost every day.

I aprecchiate you taking the time to read this and any advice or concerns would be a huge help thanks. Ps srry about the terrible gramer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2007 10:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I forgot to say im a very healthy eater and i make sure i get all the vitamins minerals protiens and such that i need

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2007 10:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** i forgot to say captins chair on ab and leg days search Captain's Chair exercise on google you should get the idea their great for calfs and abs

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2007 11:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    srry about the gramer and thanks for the help and i want to have strong abs thats why i do that and i do back and bycepts that day and i mean vertical with the dips srry and thanks for the help i dont want to do to much back because im young and i dont whant to stunt my growth or any of that ****

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 12:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    we have a machine alot like that at my gym cept your more diagonal ial start using it thanks

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 7:20am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Since you're still in school see if you can join the wrestling team (this will help your mma training in addition to giving you a good workout). Or take a weightlifting class as an elective if you can. If you don't join the wrestling team - you'll regret it. I know I do.

2) Get $25 and buy this book. http://www.startingstrength.com/. This will detail how to start a workout and how to use freeweight properly better than anything else ON THE PLANET. Every person that wants to train with weights should read it. You can also google "Rippetoe" or "5x5 workout" to get a preview of what you need to do online.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 9:01am

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lifting weights won't stunt your growth as you seem to think.

Also listen to PirateJon and get that book. You need to learn a lot of basic information it would seem. You are all over the place and you have way too much of some things and way too little of other things. It is a pretty big mess you have compiled there.

You should probably also be doing about three full body workouts a week rather than this wacky split you are trying to put together.

Also stay away from machines as much as possible. Use free weights.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 7:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im gona join the wrestling team forsure and about being a mess im doing three different workouts with different areas that another site said you should do each time and i do the machines right because you can get the trainers there to help you and they make sure your doing it right i just wanted oppinions on here from people about if this is a good idea