Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2007 11:43pm

Style: Pancrase

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Blacki Gutierrez Boxing Gym in so. Mexico

This is where I train when in back in Mexico. Blacki (yes thats how its spelled) is a 70 year old boxing vet with almost 100 pro fights under his belt. In spite of being only 5 foot tall, he is one mean coach. His "gym" is his backyard shed, where he has some rusty weights, speedball, a few heavy bags, etc. What I like best about working with Blacki are his 30 minute circuit workouts (guaranteed to get you pumped, watch out you dont puke) and his focus mitt work. Blacki is a wizard with the focus mitts, and has improved my technique, reach, precision and power to no end. His heavy bags are filled with sand and a little sawdust (he claims this makes your knuckles tougher, but really I preffer a softer bag, myself), and we spar in a 5x5 patch of dirt in his backyard. Blacki has trained some serious contenders, and he is my alltime favourite boxing guru. Being in his shed is like being back in Tepito in the 40s, where it all began for Mexican boxing.

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 12:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai and Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi
    Can you tell me more about this gym or just any boxing gyms in Mexico in general, ones that are safe for females that don't speak Spanish lol

Posted On:
    8/02/2011 5:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: women's box/ kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtail View Post
    Hi
    Can you tell me more about this gym or just any boxing gyms in Mexico in general, ones that are safe for females that don't speak Spanish lol
    Hi there
    I'm going to playa del carmen in mexico shortly. did you find any gyms that women can use, either for boxing or kickboxing?
    thanks

jenny