Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 3:45pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    I'm not trying to crucify the guy. Just stating that he's very McDojo. I already provided the core of my reference material, those being the book mentioned in the first post and prior experience. By all means, I would love to have somebody check into that book. You can get it any number of places online. This forum is labeled "Martial Arts BS, Fraud, and Investigations" is it not? I'm not claiming the first two, just asking for the third. So I throw out what I know, hope people with more experience at finding this kind of thing dig deeper, and wait for somebody to give it a thumbs up or a thumbs down.

Also, I'm not sure what qualifies as a breach of contract if I disclose specifics about the billing.
    Did you sign a contract with him that explicitly promised not to mention such details? The only way this would have come up is if you were an instructor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 4:01pm

Style: Tactical, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good find Ocelot, and no Browning, I guess I don't have to worry about it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 4:19pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me back you up on this one Courage.

**** Oliver **** him up his mile high ass. He's everything that's wrong with commercial schools these days. Essentially he's listen to me and I'll make you money. If he was teaching academics he'd be like give me $300 so I can tell you that even if you fail the test you're a good person. Now go get me some more people.

El-Wood I think you should be raped by Godzilla. Good for him getting $300? Where the **** do you get off? Do you not understand what site you are on? If he was a top level instructor hell yeah $300 wouldn't be much but he's only there to leach your money.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 4:25pm

Style: Tactical, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you sir. I have a great deal of respect for the martial arts, and from what I've seen Oliver doesn't.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 4:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Let me back you up on this one Courage.

**** Oliver **** him up his mile high ass. He's everything that's wrong with commercial schools these days. Essentially he's listen to me and I'll make you money. If he was teaching academics he'd be like give me $300 so I can tell you that even if you fail the test you're a good person. Now go get me some more people.

El-Wood I think you should be raped by Godzilla. Good for him getting $300? Where the **** do you get off? Do you not understand what site you are on? If he was a top level instructor hell yeah $300 wouldn't be much but he's only there to leach your money.
    I'll back you too. A while back I did some research on the guy because my dojo always got in those MA school marketing books, and he was always on the cover, or had some 5 page splay of crap. He is the pinnacle of McDojoness, and realized what most bullshido MA instructors realize before they quit (that its far easier to teach BS and profit from it, than it is to run a quality school) but instead of running from that, he embraced it and makes a living fleecing students and gullible instructors.

**** him.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 5:50pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you see him charge anyone $300 or more a month? And if so, for what services.

I'm trying to find out if he has a decent excuse. For example he is training that person for competition and provides three private lessons a week.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 7:44pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    I understand perfectly what site I'm on. I am all for the free market - if he can convince people that his instruction is worth $300 a month without misrepresenting what he's doing more power to him.

And how much would my cut of the movie rights be for the Godzilla raping?

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 8:45pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Wood
    I understand perfectly what site I'm on. I am all for the free market - if he can convince people that his instruction is worth $300 a month without misrepresenting what he's doing more power to him.

You should be paying Godzilla for even wanting to look at you dumb ****. **** heads like you is what's wrong with martial arts today.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 8:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Wood

**** that. Apparently you miss the point that has been made countless times on this site. It is INCREDIBLY easy to BS people when it comes to Martial Arts. The Eastern mystique, the commando appeal, the countless different ways to lie to people. He IS misrepresenting what he's doing is the point. He's telling people they can defend themselves, while bragging about how he isn't in MA Marketing magazines. I found personally at my old McDojo, that it's way way easier to BS someone than it is to genuinely train them. It's also far easier to up your student count teaching that BS than it is to really train them. You backing him on this, is supporting more misinformation in the MA world, and more fleecing of unwitting students across the nation.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/20/2007 8:56pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    **** that. Apparently you miss the point that has been made countless times on this site. It is INCREDIBLY easy to BS people when it comes to Martial Arts. The Eastern mystique, the commando appeal, the countless different ways to lie to people. He IS misrepresenting what he's doing is the point. He's telling people they can defend themselves, while bragging about how he isn't in MA Marketing magazines. I found personally at my old McDojo, that it's way way easier to BS someone than it is to genuinely train them. It's also far easier to up your student count teaching that BS than it is to really train them. You backing him on this, is supporting more misinformation in the MA world, and more fleecing of unwitting students across the nation.
    ****high five
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast